Philadelphia 19144, Pennsylvania
Our Mission at CAMM is simple: to help continue the work of St. Vincent De Paul by supporting the ministry of the priests and brothers who follow in his footsteps. For over 100 years, CAMM has been dedicated to spreading devotion to Mary Immaculate and her Miraculous Medal, helping the formation and education of seminarians, providing care to the aged and infirm Vincentian Priests and Brothers of the Eastern Province, and supporting programs that provide assistance to the poor.
CAMM oversees the operation of The Miraculous Medal Shrine, home of the Perpetual Miraculous Medal Monday Novena. Located in the East Germantown section of Philadelphia, the Shrine is a sanctuary for prayer, meditation, and pilgrimage to God and to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Visitors are also encouraged to enjoy our world-class Art Museum, featuring over 400 historical works of Marian and religious art.
- Assists Senior Director, Marketing and Communications in implementing marketing and communication initiatives in support of advertising (traditional and social media), public relations, Magazine, websites, Gift Shop religious items (online and in Shrine), etc., to promote and increase awareness of the Miraculous Medal Shrine and Vincentians of the Eastern Province, its devotion to Mary and in promotion of the Vincentian community.
Lends marketing and communications support to the Shrine and Vincentians:
- Assist in the writing, editing and proofreading of communications materials as needed for marketing, advertising, web content, and newsletters for Monday, Summer and Solemn Novenas, all events and programs promoting the Shrine and supporting Miraculous Medal’s and Vincentian’s development initiatives. Primary writer for magazine.
- Compile content (text, photos, videos, links) for new CAMM website.
- Compile information for weekly Shrine Bulletin announcements in consultation with the Shrine Director, Development Director, and Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications to obtain information for upcoming events and announcements needed for each week.
- Lay out and distribute weekly Vincentian e-newsletters (The Notebook, Around the Province) and other e-blasts as needed using Constant Contact. Assist In-house staff writer with articles for monthly newsletter (Hearts on Fire) and weekly newsletter (Marian Reflection) as needed
- Maintain fresh content for Miraculous Medal and Vincentian websites — Regular post and updates on website and make corrections as needed. Site is a WordPress environment; some knowledge of HTML is useful.
- Take photos as needed; adjust photos in Adobe PhotoShop for print and digital dispersion.
- Compile, write and edit insert handouts for overarching folder.
- Assist outside vendor with regular posting on Social Media sites, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts. Supply information and content for onsite or unscheduled events, news, etc.
- Work with Gift Shop staff to promote weekly promotions on website, social media and e-blasts
- Assist with updates of digital and print marketing and communications material primarily for key audiences and prospects
- Compile and disperse monthly staff newsletter
You must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years in Communications that includes streaming video and social websites
- Be of the Catholic faith and have excellent knowledge of Mary and Catholic Church teaching
- Expertise in Social Networking: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram
- Knowledge of email software (Constant Contact) for distribution of emails
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including expert knowledge of English grammar and usage, requiring minimal editing of written work; highly skilled in correct punctuation and spelling
- Computer and internet skills including Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proficient in all media-related software programs
- Skilled in photography and audio/video production
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package, including a generous health insurance plan
- Daily Mass available at the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal
- Collaborative environment in which your gifts and talents are able to shine and be appreciated
Free parking available on site
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com
Contact: Marlene Galdi
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000
Mailing Address: 475 East Chelten Avenue, Philadelphia, PA