Weekend Circulation Assistant (Part-time)
Lancaster 17604, Pennsylvania
Franklin & Marshall College welcomes applicants to apply for the part-time Circulation Assistant position. This position will work during the academic year with various hours which will likely include some combination of Friday, Saturday and Sunday day and evening shifts. Other evening/weekend hours as needed by the College Library may be available.
This is a public service position located in the Martin Science Library and Shadek-Fackenthal Library responsible for the main circulation desks, supervising and training student workers, and supporting departmental processes.
- Providing support for department processes such as searches for books, patron requests, new borrower registration, reserves processing, EZ-Borrow, Interlibrary Loan, etc.
- Supervising and training student workers. Arranging student schedules and work assignments. Supporting student employee hiring and performance evaluation activities.
- Providing facility operation support including troubleshooting problems, monitoring copy/print/scan equipment, building security, temperature control, and general appearance of the library.
- Assisting library patrons with questions.
Part-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, free access to recreation and fitness facilities for the employee dependent family members, free access to College libraries, plus free or reduced access to most College performances, lectures, and events, on-site professional development workshops, and health and wellness activities. Discounts are available on Lancaster YMCA memberships, long-term care insurance, and the campus bookstore. Medical benefits are not available to part-time employees.
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior supervisory experience and an associate's degree or bachelor's degree is preferred.
Additional requirements include:
- knowledge of library-related technology
- prior library operations experience such as circulation, research assistance, Interlibrary Loan and government documents
- an ability to proactively solve problems and work independently
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are essential.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, reference check and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.fandm.edu/jobs.
Contact: Franklin & Marshall College