Senior Director of Philanthropy
Norwood 19074, Pennsylvania
The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence, a part of the Intellectual Disabilities Division of Catholic Social Services within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, is an organization dedicated to transforming the lives of individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities. We foster a vibrant community filled with love, care and acceptance based upon the Catholic faith. In partnership with families, employees, and volunteers, our programs provide a continuum of care offering a wide range of programming options including Community and Campus-Based Living Arrangements, Life Sharing Through Family Living, In-Home Supports, Respite Care, and Day Programs.
The Senior Director of Philanthropy for The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of a multi-channel fundraising program. He/She will be responsible for developing and implementing the Board-approved fundraising plan and leading the effort to establish a culture of philanthropy throughout the Communities by engaging staff, families, foundations, business owners, and other constituents through donor interaction and strategic communications. Priorities will include securing increased gifts from current donors, identifying and soliciting additional donors, implementing new fundraising initiatives, improving and expanding existing fundraising activity and results, and directly soliciting donors for major leadership gifts. Increased planned gifts to the Saint Luigi Guanella Legacy Society will be a key objective for this position.
As a key member of the senior management team, the Senior Director of Philanthropy will serve a critical role in the advancement of our Mission, Values, Catholic Identity, and strategic goals of the organization. This position reports to the Executive Director, and will supervise and be assisted by a Director of Foundation & Corporate Relations and a Development Services Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of frontline fundraising experience along with demonstrated ability to solicit and close 5-figure major gifts and 6-figure leadership gifts from individuals. Advanced degree and/or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred.
- Familiarity with faith-based residential services and programs for adults with intellectual disabilities is preferred.
- Fluency with fundraising database systems. Knowledge of NeonCRM is a plus.
- Experience in managing annual fund, major gifts and planned gifts.
- The ability to thrive in an ethnically, racially, and religiously diverse environment and to advocate for adults with moderate to severe intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Proven experience in planning, implementing, and managing a Development office and all aspects of fundraising and related communications.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with diverse constituencies including colleagues within the organization as well as residents and clients, parents and families, and representatives from the community.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and regionally; possession of valid driver’s license is required.
Must be able to maintain required PA State Police Criminal History, FBI, and PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse Clearances.
- A culture of inspired, diverse, and talented professionals that live and breathe our mission to embrace and serve persons with intellectual disabilities through professional and compassionate care.
- Excellent comprehensive employer subsidized health insurance plans that includes high quality medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Employer funded Health Savings Accounts (HSA) for employees enrolled in the High Deducible Health Plan (HDHP).
- 35 days of annually accrued paid time off.
- 403(b) retirement plan sponsored by Vanguard with annual employer contributions.
- Reimbursement for continuing education and professional development.
Great selection of voluntary and ancillary benefits that include life and disability insurance plans.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply directly through our careers websit at https://dgdpcommunities.org or email their resume to Steve Colestock at email@example.com.