Philadelphia 19104, Pennsylvania
The Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Senior Accountant is an exempt staff position which has as its major responsibility the performance of financial, investment, budgetary and organizational duties to support the ministry of the Diocese of Pennsylvania and the Bishop of the Diocese of the Pennsylvania in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and policies. This position also assists the Bishop’s Office as needed, and functions as a member of the team. The Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Senior Accountant is responsible for managing and controlling the daily accounting functions of the organization which include accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger and expense authorization activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Conduct monthly and annual closings.
- Maintain chart of accounts and determine proper account coding for all classes of transactions in accordance with organization policy.
- Create and review general ledger reports to ensure accuracy of general ledger activity.
- Prepare monthly financial reports which summarize and forecast organizational business activity, performance against budget and financial position in areas of income, expenses, earnings and cash flow based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Participate in preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provide management and work with other departments to provide timely reviews and reports of organization's financial status and progress within its various programs and activities.
- Act as a liaison in conjunction with the Canon for Finance & Business on audits of organization’s accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assist Canon for Finance & Business as needed.
Specific Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5-7 years progressive accounting experience.
- Combination of profit and not-for-profit background gained in a complex environment with a complete understanding of fund accounting.
- Must have a strong systems background using an integrated financial software package. Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge would be a plus.
- Faith based experienced a plus.
- Excellent PC skills must include Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
Required Competencies and Characteristics:
- Astute and analytical business manager.
- Strong organizational skills along with high attention to detail
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of patience and diplomacy.
- Professional in demeanor and appearance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or MBA highly desirable
- Excellent benefit package including 403(b) match.
To Apply: Email resume to http://[email protected]
E-Mail: [email protected]