Philadelphia 19144, Pennsylvania
The Vincentian Solidarity Office is an office of the Congregation of the Mission (C.M.), a 501c3 non-profit. We support Vincentian missionaries in projects of evangelization and service of the poor in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
The Project Manager will be a part of a value driven and dynamic organization with global impact. You will be assisting the work of development that impacts the lives of good people in poor countries. You will be part of a spiritual family that promotes community, cooperation, and social change for those struggling with poverty. You will be a part of a compassionate working environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, energetic, professional, and capable of managing their work load and supporting the staff.
- To collaborate with the Executive Director on the evaluation and acceptance of VSO Projects and Micro-Project Grant applications, and inquiries from the C.M. provinces, vice-provinces, and missions.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in allocating the funds available in the Vincentian Solidarity Fund to specific projects.
- Review all aspects of a project with the Project Coordinator and provide advice on its planning, funding feasibility, efficacy, and sustainability. The Project Coordinator submits a VSO Application to the office and is a missionary, living and working in a developing country.
- To request additional information from the Project Coordinator, such as, VSO application, construction plans, bill of quantities for building projects, budgets, details about the projects and letters from bishops.
- Collaborate with the VSO grant writer and provide him/her all the relevant information needed for writing the grant proposal.
- Monitor and track the grant proposal(s) and inquiries submitted for projects.
- Handle all communication and correspondence with the funding organization(s) and donors regarding the grant proposal(s) for projects.
- Send copies of important communications to and from the funding organization(s) about projects to the C.M. Provincial Superior and the Project Coordinator.
- Remind the Project Coordinators when the financial and evaluation report(s) for grant funds are to be sent to the VSO and ensure the Project Coordinator’s timely compliance.
- Review, and if necessary, improve the accuracy and presentation of the financial and evaluation report(s) for grant funds.
- Send the required financial and evaluation report(s) for grant funds awarded to a project to the funding organization(s) on time.
The applicant needs to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager and a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree preferred. Excellent English written and communication skills, and fluency in another language is preferred, for example, Spanish or French, for translating documents. Understanding of developing countries and first-hand experience is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office with expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software. Experience with project management software is preferred. Attention to detail is essential, as well as managing projects, prioritizing tasks, and collaborating on projects. You will be supporting the work of upper management, and collaborate closely on complex projects. You will manage day-to-day operations. The candidate will have strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills abilities to meet deadlines.
Position includes a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement, life and long-term disability insurance; two weeks’ vacation, plus PTO and paid holidays.
Please send a resume and covering letter which includes a statement about what motivates you to work with our mission driven not-for-profit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates that are able to join our team on or around September 15th will be given preference.
The Vincentian Solidarity Office is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact: Marlene Galdi
Salary: $57,500 - $61,500
Mailing Address: 475 East Chelten Avenue, Philadelphia, PA