Programs and Partnerships Manager
Philadelphia 19134, Pennsylvania
RNP is a nonprofit organization that works with the City of Philadelphia to build and activate an 11-mile greenway on the Delaware River in Northeast Philadelphia, with the belief that every Philadelphian should have access to their rivers. The greenway is 65% completed and expected to be fully connected by 2024. RNP is gaining momentum for its programs, with the understanding that trail construction will end in the next five years and its future depends on an engaged community and the highest standards of stewardship.
Riverfront North Partnership (RNP) is seeking a Programs and Partnerships Manager (PPM) to take a leadership role in organizational partnerships that develop and deliver robust community-based programs. The PPM will report to the Executive Director.
The PPM is a collaborative leader who will strengthen partnerships and community relationships, establishing the greenway as a resource for stewardship, learning, and artistic and cultural expression. This position will engage with city departments, volunteers, civic groups, nonprofit partners, local schools, coalitions, and recreational vendors.
Working with these groups and RNP staff, the PPM will develop and execute strategies to increase use of the greenway. The position requires a flexible approach with community leadership, and prior experience in program delivery, events management, and the cultivation of volunteers.
The PPM will be an adaptable self-starter that will work with a network of existing partners and program providers. They will also focus on building deeper connections within the community by co-creating programs that enliven the greenway and encourage a shared sense of ownership. This is an opportunity to create signature programs at RNP, and the position’s success should ultimately result in an activated greenway that is a beloved local asset and city-wide destination.
- Develop and execute an annual program plan that aligns with RNP’s mission and strategic goals. This includes a calendar, departmental budget, and staffing/resource needs.
- Cultivate and manage a growing volunteer base in coordination with the Stewardship Manager. This includes outreach and cultivation activities such as confirming scope of work, scheduling, logistics, communications, administering waivers, and data entry.
- Foster positive and collaborative relationships with City of Philadelphia Parks and Recreation and other departments.
- Deepen existing relationships with the community to create programs together, including local leaders, volunteer groups, friends groups, schools, nonprofit partners, and civic associations.
- Develop strategic, long-term expansion goals with Executive Director, focusing on relationships with nonprofits and river-based initiatives that result in core organizational partnerships that share expertise and resources.
- Represent RNP in organizational initiatives and at events that support program growth and brand strategies.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of evaluation metrics for programs and usership as a whole.
- Actively contribute to ongoing organizational discovery and planning initiatives with the RNP team.
- Support duties include helping with communications strategies, fundraising events, grant development, data collection for reporting, and general administrative.
Background and Skills:
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following in their application:
- One to three years of working experience in program and/or project management.
- Cultural competency to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds and interests,
- Experience in building collaborative relationships and teams to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and take action.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to positive and proactive communication.
- Experience in meeting facilitation and public speaking.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related discipline.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and Constant Contact (or similar database).
Must have reliable transportation, able to drive a car with appropriate auto insurance.
The candidate shares the RNP’s commitment to enlivening civic spaces for all Philadelphians, and they have a passion for trails and outdoor recreation. They will actively cultivate community guidance in program development and will be receptive and adaptable to their needs.
Due to the scale of the greenway, the lack of public transportation near the trail, and the nature of the work, a candidate with a car is strongly preferred. Must be able to lift 30 pounds. Must be adaptable working in a small office in a collaborative team environment. This position is based in the office but program delivery will be along the greenway. The candidate must be willing to use personal equipment such as a cell phone if working remotely.
Salary and Schedule:
- $45,000 annually. Exempt with health benefits.
- Position is expected to work 40 hours weekly. Candidate must be open to a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on January 30, 2019. Include the position title in your email subject line. No calls please.
Contact: Stephanie Phillips
Salary: $45,000 annually. Exempt with health benefits.