Philadelphia 19102, Pennsylvania
At Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia (Philanthropy Network), our mission is to inform and inspire philanthropy that sparks solutions and heightens the quality of life in the Greater Philadelphia region.
We envision a strong, vibrant, and sustainable future for the Greater Philadelphia region, in which philanthropy is renowned and valued for catalytic, constructive, and collaborative actions that provide opportunities for the greater good and help solve longstanding social problems.
We are driven by a shared passion to achieve this mission and vision. Our team performs a variety of strategic and administrative functions in an agile, open, and equitable environment. We hire confident individuals who value humility, continuous learning and improvement, and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek individuals who can build a high level of trust and credibility with our members, partners, and with team members.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the regional philanthropy landscape by managing Philanthropy Network programming and member engagement, and supporting our efforts to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the network. The Program Manager will assist programmatically in the implementation of the Philanthropy Network’s leadership agenda which seeks to increase the effectiveness and impact of regional philanthropy through the levers of policy, equity, and social innovation.
- Oversee funder affinity groups.
- Work with presenters, member volunteers, Director of Leadership & Advancement to develop program content, and identify speakers.
- Provide all logistical and administrative aspects of programs and meetings. This includes arranging for meeting sites and food vendors, scheduling meetings, updating mailing lists, assisting with program descriptions and summaries, preparing and emailing invitations, creating attendee lists and nametags, note taking, and designing agendas.
- Compile and disseminate quality materials before and after programs and events
- Facilitate member engagement by updating the program calendar, sending timely program announcements and reminders and maintaining program registrations and tracking attendance.
- Manage the curation and development of content for signature events.
- Keep informed about relevant regional issues and resources, compile relevant articles and distribute appropriately among Philanthropy Network staff.
- Keep appraised of members’ interests, activities, challenges, and work.
- Represent Philanthropy Network at selected events to expand knowledge and contacts.
- Assist Director of Leadership and Advancement in recommending, developing, and implementing periodic mechanisms to measure member satisfaction and inform programming and other services.
- Provide meeting logistics and organizing for all Philanthropy Network committees.
- Provide primary support for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
- Assist Director of Leadership and Advancement in working closely with the Learning Committee and Member Engagement Committee.
- Assist Director of Leadership and Advancement and President on proposal development, tracking, and final reporting.
- Help identify and develop topics and write articles as assigned about member activities for inclusion in Philanthropy Network’s online and print communications.
- Other duties as assigned, including routine office operations and program coordination and support.
Special projects and other activities as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in organizing, managing, and completing projects with high attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Experience working in diverse settings and exercising discretion with confidential or sensitive information.
- Ability to extract data and produce reports for supervisor and external stakeholders.
- Self-directed with ability to assess and develop solutions for key challenges presented while carrying out responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and perform duties independently as required.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other software.
- B.A. or equivalent with, ideally, some nonprofit, philanthropic or other social enterprise experience, or transferable experience from another employment sector.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and references by March 29, 2019 to Matt Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.