Philadelphia 19103, Pennsylvania
StudentsCare is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that aims to brighten the hospital experience for children and their families by matching long-term pediatric patients with college student volunteers who provide fun, friendship, and support throughout extended hospital stays.
StudentsCare establishes local chapters on college campuses and provides students with advisory support to facilitate hospital programming. Since 2013, StudentsCare has established programs at 11 hospitals/healthcare facilities across 7 states. StudentsCare has been featured on People.com, Lifetime TV, and USA Today.
Visit our website for more info www.students-care.org
StudentsCare’s Program Manager will drive programming, engaging 100+ students in making a difference in the lives of hospitalized children.
The Program Manager will:
- Support the student leadership of 8+ student chapters in implementing/ maintaining successful hospital programming at 11+ hospital sites
- Maintain resource database for student leaders and volunteers
- Monitor and encourage student volunteers’ engagement in hospital programming
- Facilitate leadership development opportunities
- Build rapport and meaningful relationships with students
- Assist in the development of new chapters through marketing and campus outreach
- Facilitate student reporting and monitor data collection
- Encourage and support student fundraising efforts
- Establish and maintain good relations with key hospital stakeholders
- Facilitate a collaborative culture across program sites
- Meaningfully engage external stakeholders (individuals, community groups, corporations) to support program needs
- Share program goals and impact with various stakeholders (online and in-person communications)
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in child life, social work, or related field working with youth population (hospital/healthcare setting preferred) and/or college student population (preferred)
- Supervisory experience with strong skills in program management
- Positive, strong leadership that can motivate, guide, and direct a team
- Managing a program/project with multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pays great attention to detail, but can also see the big picture
- Advanced computer skills. Learn new programs quickly. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint); Google applications (Forms, Sheets, Slides, Shared Docs/Drive); Design platforms (i.e. Canva, Photoshop, etc); Email marketing platforms (i.e. Mailchimp); Donor Management system (i.e.Network for Good, DonorPerfect), Volunteer Management System (i.e.Volgistics, Track it Forward) or other CRM (Salesforce, etc).
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to Erica Sokol, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org