Newtown Square 19073, Pennsylvania
The Program Manager for Global Health Ministry provides mission and values-based service assisting the ministry achieve its mission to be a transforming healing presence to the poor and underserved within communities in the developing world. As a member of Global Health Ministry's management team, the manager will have a leadership role in managing volunteer teams and in ensuring that each team is fully prepared with all that is required for a successful mission. The manager will be the front line communicator with our international contacts, including Consular Officials, Caritas International and Ministry of Health staff and all our in-country partners. The position presents opportunities for future advancement in the organization.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management, assist the Executive Director in volunteer recruitment, including participation in applicant interviews.
- Responsible for managing volunteers once they are recruited, including, but not limited to: Interfacing with GHM's administrative assistant in managing all required documentation, coordinating volunteer acquisition and documentation of mission supplies, serves as the front-line communication coordinator with all team volunteers.
- Team Orientations and Mission Preparation, preparing and organizing all materials for team orientations.
- Overseeing team members' international travel plans, making sure that each person understands and follows the guidelines provided related to arrival and departure timelines.
- Preparing and distributing all pre-trip materials to each team member with care to update materials as necessary.
- Supply management for all overseas medical and surgical mission teams. Manage the development of the supply list for each mission and oversees inventory on site and supplies available from suppliers. Work with volunteers and donor organizations to acquire and track all necessary supplies. Communicate with volunteers regarding reporting and tracking supplies. Oversee compilation of all required paperwork and documentation related to supply management for each country and for each mission team.
On-Site International Program Management
- Travels with volunteer teams to program sites (4 or 5 international mission sites per year ranging from 10 to 14 days each).
- Assists the Executive Director in all on-site tasks, including but not limited to: on-site team orientation and integration processes; interaction with designated team coordinators; collaboration with in-country partners; management of donated supplies and end-of-mission inventory procedures.
- Program Development -Coordinates the management of program and mission reports, including patient data management.
- Assists Executive Director in program evaluation, development of an annual management action plan and strategic planning and strategic program development.
- Is able to assist or if needed to manage any aspect of the program, including budget management and reporting; communication with Board Members and interaction with Trinity Health senior management and other major stakeholders.
Manages all aspects of the program when the Executive Director is not present, exercising common sense, stewardship and good judgment in problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field is required, MBA and/or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in management with diverse responsibilities that include: success in managing some or all of the following: experience in a faith-based, values-oriented environment; recruitment and management of volunteers; high level of interaction with clinical professionals and other human service professionals; finance/accounting as well as supply chain; past history of personal experiences as a volunteer, international experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication, including presentation skills, organizational skills and patience with managing details
- A demonstrated commitment to serving the poor
- Is highly flexible and enjoys working with multiple external parties, including large volunteer base and international mission partners
- Requires little direction and possesses excellent problem solving skills
- Is politically astute and can function in a small organization within a large corporate environment
- Travel Requirements: Eight to ten weeks per year of international travel is necessary for this job position
- Conversational level of Spanish is preferred
- Candidate must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals, teams, international partners and the general public
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Communicates frequently, in person and over the phone, with people in all locations. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communication. Manual dexterity is needed in order to operate a computer keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- International travel requirements can be physically demanding, including ability to manage one's checked and carryon baggage multiple times per trip.
- Daily schedule in mission locations includes long days and travel in trucks over rough roads in very hot and humid environments.
Contact: John Parisi
Salary: 70-80 Based on Experience