Part-time Outreach Worker
Philadelphia 19154, Pennsylvania
Local nonprofit charitable organization that serves the isolated homebound is looking for an outreach worker to conduct in-home evaluations of potential recipients of our program, collect referral information, match volunteers with program recipients, and interface with volunteers, homebound individuals, and workers from other agencies. A typical day would entail answering phone calls from individuals or agencies about referrals (or self-referrals); explaining the program to potential recipients and volunteers; resolving issues for volunteers and recipients; going out to evaluate or re-evaluate recipients in their home; and recording information about the recipients and volunteers on records and into our database. You will get your driving directions from the Internet or smart phone, conduct evaluations and return to the office in Northeast Philadelphia in due time. Other duties include polling recipients to collect information and verify that they are still on our program and conducting very basic safety audits, surveys and reevaluations in the recipients' home.
Candidates for this position need to be polite and able to treat frail elderly and disabled persons of all races, genders and ethnicities with dignity and respect. They need to be able to drive to homes in all area of Philadelphia and also in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties as well. This position requires the ability to carry items from the vehicle to a home and to climb up and down stairs with said items. The items could be a bag, folder, briefcase, fan or toaster oven.
Candidates having work experience with frail elderly/disabled persons, evaluations, home visits, and economically depressed areas are preferred.
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION. Working hours for this position are from 9AM to 4 PM, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Bachelors Associates Degree or two years of college (waived if good office writing experience)
- Computer literate
- Able to use or learn Apple Mac computer
- Basic abilities in Microsoft Word
- Able to learn to look up and enter information in our database
- Able to search Internet
- Good office skills: Able write professional correspondence, file, copy, and maintain records.
- Good phone skills. Good listener.
- Valid drivers license with good driving record and insurable at regular rates
- Able to obtain and follow driving directions and navigate efficiently
- Able to travel to all areas of Philadelphia and surrounding counties
- Professional demeanor
- Must be polite and patient
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Contact: Steven M. Schiavone
E-Mail: [email protected]