Office Assistant (Part-Time)
Philadelphia 19144, Pennsylvania
The Vincentian Family Office, as a function of the Vincentian Family Executive Committee, coordinates activities, provides information, and delivers formation experiences on the heritage and charism of St. Vincent de Paul to the branches of the Vincentian Family (VF) throughout the world. This includes promoting communication and collaboration among the various branches of the Vincentian Family, as well as opportunities for leadership to meet and develop ways to work together.
This part-time position reports to the International Coordinator of the Vincentian Family Office (VFO), based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Overall responsibilities include assisting with day-to-day operations (e.g. communication strategies via social media, data entry etc., and office support, research and document handling, media relations, etc.) The VFO operates within an international context in a collaborative team centric environment.
- o Working knowledge of word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation and database software, Microsoft Suite products, etc.
- o Data entry, maintenance and analysis of data and basic reasoning skills as needed
- o Secretarial support (e.g. meeting dates/coordination/minutes/license renewals etc.)
- o Banking deposits/reconciliations/receipts/QuickBooks/international wirings
- o Mapping collection and coordination with coordinator of site mapping
- o Database research and updates (VFO mailing contacts, Vincentian Family branches, National Councils) with famvin.org and Evernote including seeking reports and activities information
- Design and execution of social media and multimedia(e.g. update and maintenance of social media networks regularly at least 3-4 times/week: Facebook, Twitter, etc. to promote mission driven international work/ministries
- Communicate within the VFO network to promote mission
- Create, assist and distribute communications (newsletters, annual report etc.)
- Assist in Communication Strategies with Director of Communications as needed
- Undergraduate degree (Marketing/Public Relations, or Digital Media preferred)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of design and maintaining social media sites and web page
- Perform advanced functions in word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet, presentation/ database software
- Working knowledge of business processes
- Contribute to the analysis of data and use basic reasoning skills
- Flexibility in meeting changing timelines and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure as needed
- Working knowledge of English; preferably (native) Italian, French, Portuguese or German speaker and writer
Knowledge of the Roman Catholic faith.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.