National Director, Advancement
King of Prussia 19406, Pennsylvania
NephCure Kidney International is the only organization committed exclusively to support research seeking the cause of the potentially debilitating kidney disease Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) and the diseases that cause Nephrotic Syndrome, improve treatment, and find a cure. NephCure was founded, and continues to operate, on a model of patient-centered empowerment that includes compassion, warmth and collaboration.
NephCure Kidney International (NKI) seeks an experienced and entrepreneurial fundraising professional with a commitment to the mission, vision and values of NKI. The right candidate will have a proven track record of raising money with diversified revenue streams including volunteer-led events.
As a senior member of the staff, the National Director, Advancement leads NKI's fundraising and outreach programs to secure the resources needed to sustain and grow its work throughout the country. The Director works closely and collaboratively with other department heads to increase constituent and donor involvement. The Director must be focused, strategic, energetic, and possess a dynamic leadership style to inspire and motivate volunteers, donors and staff. S/he must be able to challenge assumptions and generate new avenues of thinking; able to identify and effectively steward major individual, corporate and foundation prospects; flourish as a solicitor and solicitation mentor; work well independently and collaboratively; have a high level of visual, verbal and written communication knowledge and skills, and support fellow team members in fulfilling the foundation's overall goals. In addition, the Director must be an effective communicator of NKI's work and mission.
The Director is responsible for resourcing and supervising the Regional Managers, making sure they are equipped to meet their budgets and goals, and providing any additional support and training needed.
The Director trains and manages volunteers in the area of major/planned gifts, events, outreach and grants writing. S/he also works closely and collaboratively with NKI's leadership team to design and deliver integrated foundation efforts, with a focus on attracting donors, community supporters and participants. This position reports to the CEO.
- Develop and lead NKI's development plan. Set annual funding goals and monitor progress toward these goals. Develop and present periodic reports.
- Expand the base of donors through a multi-tiered approach, with an emphasis on expanding major individual giving. Increase sophistication of stewardship processes for all donors and prospects. Maintain and deepen relationships with stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategies to expand support from corporate sponsors, foundation and government funding sources.
- Develop and oversee persuasive and well-written correspondence, donor proposals, program descriptions and reports, increasing segmentation and individualization. Develop deep familiarity with program specifics, including challenges and successes and effectively translate these into verbal and written communication.
- Develop and oversee major gift portfolios for key volunteer and board and leaders, encouraging and supporting the maximum participation in fundraising efforts.
- Establish productive and synergistic relationships with colleagues.
- Engage staff and volunteers to assure accountability for funded programs as well as accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Develop and implement a highly effective stewardship program for donors through ongoing and entrepreneurial cultivation.
- Keep accurate donor data record-keeping and tracking systems to ensure institutional support, including donor contact information and gift records, research, activities and donor communications.
- While empowering volunteers, oversee the design and implementation of all fundraising and other NKI events.
Management and Administration
- Create budgets and monitor revenue.
- Provide monthly development updates to the executive leadership and appropriate committees.
- Supervise volunteers, providing inspiration and encouragement, while holding them accountable for their own performance.
- Recruit and lead volunteers in Walks, Community Fundraisers, Golf Outings, Galas, major gifts solicitation and other supportive volunteer fundraising efforts.
Communications and Outreach
- Participate in strategy and design, including target donor audiences, for NKI collaterals including newsletters, web content, brochures, etc.
Focus on ways to increase NKI's donor visibility and build out the constituent base.
- Development/Fundraising: Successful track record of direct experience in soliciting gifts is preferred; experience soliciting from "grateful patients" and their families is a plus. Skilled in building, maintaining and increasing supportive relationships. Experience with event planning and execution, building annually for increased revenue and public awareness. Excellent judgment; knowledge of and adherence to appropriate donor confidentiality.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally. Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential prospects and diverse groups.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones. Strategic and creative thinker with an entrepreneurial fundraising style. Leverages non-traditional resources, explores viral marketing and social media to drive engagement and collaborative organizational alignment.
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Experience with a relational fundraising software. Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team, and willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required.
- Participation in evening and weekend events is expected.
- Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation.
This position will work from the Philadelphia suburban office, with a work from home policy. Travel is budgeted at 40%. NKI has an excellent benefit package and competitive salary.
To Apply: Please send letter of interest and CV to [email protected]