Member Programs & Development Associate
Bristol 19007, Pennsylvania
The Delaware Riverkeeper Network (DRN), a grassroots, regional, nonprofit working to protect and restore the Delaware River, is seeking a Member Programs & Development Associate.
The Member Programs & Development Associate oversees the implementation of DRN’s development activities and events, and works in a collaborative environment to advance a membership and fund raising program, guided by the Delaware Riverkeeper, the Director of Grants and Communication, and the DRN development team.
This position reports to the Director of Grants and Communication.
- Plan and execute social, fundraising, and educational events, ranging from paddling trips to dinner fundraisers to conferences, for members, donors, and the public.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of activities and events.
- Recruit and engage event and activity sponsors as needed.
- Develop and follow budgets and timelines.
- Develop and design communication materials.
- Manage web donation pages and fundraising-related web content
- Help draft and review fund raising appeals and membership promotions.
- Undertake outreach to recruit new members (e.g., targeted tabling events).
- Serve as a frontline contact for member and general public inquiries.
- Ensure timely, personalized, and accurate communications with donors, including follow-up calls as needed.
- Process gift acknowledgements.
- Perform general administrative duties for development team.
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires a limited level of travel throughout the watershed, and access to reliable transportation is essential. Some evening and weekend work required
- Minimum college level degree.
- Team player capable of working independently with minimal oversight.
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and flexible.
- Ability to multi-task in a high performing environment, expected.
- Work experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in the environmental field, a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral skills with a high-level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, InDesign, Salesforce a plus) and a strong aptitude for mastering new applications.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, three references, and writing sample via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.