Manager of Corporate Engagement
Hamilton 08619, New Jersey
Grounds For Sculpture, located in Hamilton, New Jersey (midway between Philadelphia and New York), is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by Seward Johnson. Welcoming nearly a quarter of a million guests each year, it combines art and beckoning spaces to surprise, inspire, and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. Its collection features over 270 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists. Exhibitions rotate in six indoor galleries. Offering rich educational programs, a robust schedule of performing arts, and fun family events, it is open year-round, with extended hours in the summer. Shopping and dining options complement every visit. Visit for more information or read our reviews on Trip Advisor.
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a full-time Manager of Corporate Engagement to manage, expand and steward a portfolio of corporate partners, in collaboration with the Director of Development and Executive Director, to establish new philanthropic partnerships, ensure ongoing high-impact corporate relationships and obtain sponsorships for events and major projects from the local business community.
The successful candidate will be a solutions-focused professional with a knack for bringing order to complex projects. They will also assist the Development Director with the planning, development, production and evaluation of major fundraising and cultivation events for the organization and ensures that goals are met within required timeframes and established budgets.
They will create / implement and manage a corporate development plan with strategies to maximize fundraising results from corporations through memberships, sponsorships, partnerships, individuals, support for GFS branded and special events and in-kind contributions. The successful candidate will also have a “team player” work history and be able to work in partnership with the various departments of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement an annual outreach strategy for corporate partners.
- Research, prioritize, and pursue new corporate partnership prospects; leverage GFS board and staff networks to maximize and expand corporate partners and deepen their engagement.
- Create presentation materials and proposals.
- Manage sponsorship benefits fulfillment and steward corporate contacts to ensure exemplary communication and opportunity matching.
- Identifying and defining appropriate tiers of funding levels and their respective packages of benefits, products and services made available to corporate members, sponsors and partners.
- Integrate sponsorship efforts with existing marketing and fund development activities.
- Create / maintain an integrated listing of potential sponsors from all available sources including board members, other community supporters and research of viable supporters.
- Determine trade and in-kind opportunities to meet the various needs of GFS’s events
- Determine all levels of sponsor cultivation, from cold calling to events to proposals.
- Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
- Assist Development Team with Museum special events (special exhibition museum member preview events, new business member events, and cultivation events).
- Expand beyond corporate partners and help to identify key business leaders as potential donor and member prospects.
- Initiate and cultivate partnerships with businesses through programs and events held both onsite and offsite that support the organization as well as deepen engagement with partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Development to coordinate fundraising activities (i.e. Gala, Epicurean Palette)
- Identify opportunities to increase awareness of GFS sponsored events and success stories
- Write reports for Board Meetings, Committee meetings, and funders.
- Handle all invoices and fulfillment for sponsorships
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 years professional experience in a related position
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred (Business Communications, etc.)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (strong emphasis on Excel)
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook while meeting or exceeding deadlines in a high-volume environment
- 5 plus years’ demonstrated success in fundraising and marketing in a cultural venue
- Proven, hands-on experience in planning and implementing creative and innovative strategies to raise funds, including from corporate funders.
- Demonstrate respect and inclusiveness to all employees, embracing differences
- Demonstrated event management experience with small and large-scale events.
- Solid knowledge and proficiency in in fund development and customer relationship management databases and other prospect tracking systems.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to, connect with and understand the needs and interests of prospective corporate donors.
- Excellent management skills; strong people and performance management, coaching and staff development skills a plus.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends as needed to fulfill primary duties.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects effectively.
To Apply: Candidates must submit a Cover Letter and Resume along with Salary Requirements through the Grounds For Sculpture Website: https://groundsforsculpture.isolvedhire.com
Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.