Manager, Major Gifts
Exton 19341, Pennsylvania
The Manager, Major Gifts has primary responsibility for stewardship and development of the organization’s base of major donors. Develop strategies and proposals to secure major gifts through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and donor prospects. This position is directly responsible for building and managing a sustainable list of 50- 70 major donors from a variety of giving sectors; corporate, individual and community based.
- Create specific goals for each donor based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Maintain a schedule of 6 – 10 donor visits donors per month, local travel as necessary
- Develop and manage the donor moves charts and generate monthly reports
- Work with Community Partnerships Manager to optimize use of donor database (eTapestry) to build and enhance overall fundraising capacity
- Work with Executive Director to build a culture of giving among the Board of Directors to annual individual leadership giving and multi-year major gift pledge funding goals
- Work with Board members to identify prospective donors and oversee tactics for integrating the Board members in donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation
- Coordinate and manage a program for recognition, engagement and stewardship of donor portfolio
- Contribute to all marketing and written communications materials including newsletters and Annual Report
- Attend conferences, meetings and special events as necessary for donor cultivation and stewardship.
DEMONSTRATABLE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree; Communications or Business preferred
- At least five years in the Development field in positions of increasing responsibility
- Breadth and depth of development experience to provide collaboration in the comprehensive development program. Ability to use a donor-centered approach to first help the donor accomplish their goals through their giving and in turn, enable CCF to fulfill its mission
- Ability to effectively articulate the case for support so that prospects embrace the vision, mission & goals of CCF.
- A personal track record of success in garnering individual and corporate gifts and donor stewardship
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in collaboration with department team members
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- CFRE preferred
- Must be available for limited evening and weekend work as requested
To Apply; Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Maria McDonald at [email protected]