Major Gifts Officer
Malvern 19355, Pennsylvania
Valley Forge Educational Services (VFES) is a nonprofit organization providing educational programs and clinical services in support of our mission — to prepare children and young adults with special needs to realize their potential as contributing members of the community. Our programs include: The Vanguard School, Summer Matters, and Customized Workforce Solutions.
Do you want to make a difference? Join our growing team!
As VFES begins initial planning for a capital campaign, we seek to build our Development team with the addition of a Major Gifts Officer to develop and implement a new Major Gifts Program. The Major Gifts Officer will work independently and in partnership with the Director of Development, Executive Director and Board Members to secure a variety of individual major gifts. Primary responsibilities include qualifying, cultivating and soliciting a prospect pool of major donors; preparing individual and foundation funding requests, financial reports and donor communications; and planning and executing personal visits, cultivation events and donor recognition activities. The Major Gifts Officer will also contribute to other department efforts including the annual appeal, EITC solicitations, and special events. Visit our website for more information!
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Business Administration or relevant field
- Four or more years fundraising experience in a non-profit organization; preferably an educational setting serving children and adults with special needs
- A record of accomplishment in securing major individual gifts and meeting funding goals for new programs, planned giving, endowment, and/or building improvements.
- Experience with grant research, writing, and stewardship of private foundations and corporations.
- Excellent presentation, writing, analytical and research skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively as a team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all constituents (donors, staff, students, parents, volunteers).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, development database software, and online databases for prospect research. Experience with Abila fundraising database a plus.
- Limited local travel (10-20%) required. Occasional evening and weekend hours for meetings and special events.
This is a full-time, year-round position with full benefits --- paid health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and a 9% employer contribution to our retirement plan.
Applications will be accepted through June 1, 2018. The anticipated start date for this position is mid July, 2018.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: [email protected]
Contact: Anne McCrary
E-Mail: [email protected]
Mailing Address: 1777 N. Valley Road, Malvern, PA 19355