Major Gifts Officer
Jenkintown 19046, Pennsylvania
Manor College has an opening for a Full-Time Major Gifts Officer. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the overall management of the individual major gift program, and is charged with managing relationships and securing support from alumni and friends of the College who are capable of making gifts of $5,000 or more. The Officer will manage a portfolio of prospective major gift donors, personally managing their cultivation and solicitation as should occur in partnership with the Director of Development, the Board of Trustees and the President of the College.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Working with the President, Board of Trustees and Director of Development, to identify, qualify and cultivate prospective donors using best practices in major gift development.
- Assist Director to provide staff support to committees of the Board of Trustees related to implementation of campaigns and appeals.
- Develop strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including determining ongoing relationships with prospects/donors, recommending specific purposes and level of gift, identifying those to be involved cultivation and subsequent solicitation including the President of the College and Board of Trustees to assure that solicitation are carried out to cultivate long-term relationships with College constituents within and beyond the Campaign Period.
- Work with the Director of Development on planned communications vehicles (e.g., mail, presentations, social media, e-mail/web based communications and supporting collateral materials) as appropriate to individual major gifts strategies, or develop new interaction vehicles, with Development staff if necessary and within budget.
- Plan and implement an appropriate recognition and stewardship program for the individual major gift donors.
- Manage research, strategy reports, presentation materials, and campaign reports for the major gift program.
- Participate in professional advancement & continuing education to keep abreast of major gift fundraising trends.
- Ensure consistent and timely communication with Director of Development & President regarding prospect and donor contact and activity.
- Assist with all development fundraising events.
- Promote and uphold the college's Catholic Basilian institutional mission
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effectiveness of donor cultivation activities to secure gifts ($5K or above)
- Success in meeting annual fundraising, prospect visits/contacts, and donation goals.
- Success in working with the Director, the President and volunteers to increase major gifts according to predetermined annual goals, applying best practices in major gift development.
- Quality of oral and written communications in building relationships with donors and prospects.
- Applies fiscal responsibility of containing spending within budget and ensuring ambitious development revenues over expenses.
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- A congenial can-do attitude.
- Ability to engage others persuasively even when the conversation poses challenges.
- A sense of humor and ability to relate to others well.
- Successful individual fundraising experience.
- A strong, proven record of closing five and six figure gifts.
- Ability to travel on own or with the Director of Development or President.
- Must have a valid drivers license and a personal automobile available for use.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications.
- Proficient in internet research and database use (Donor Search & eTapestry preferably)
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and motivate people to make gifts in support of a specific priority; able to develop high-quality relationships with a variety of constituencies.
- Strong sense of responsibility for achieving personal fundraising goals.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information, and to exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work as a self-starter.
To Apply: Please submit resume with salary requirements and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org