Major Gift Officer
Southampton 18966, Pennsylvania
The Angeletti Group invites nominations and applications for the position of Major Gift Officer at HealthLink Dental Clinic (HLDC). HealthLink Dental Clinic is seeking a Major Gift Officer who will be responsible for creating, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects and legacy opportunities. The successful candidate will be an experienced development professional that is able to articulate the unique message of HLDC and build and steward relationships with major gift prospects. The successful candidate will also have a proven track record of soliciting and closing major gifts.
Since 2001, HealthLink Dental Clinic has been providing preventative and restorative dental care and oral health education to low-income, working adults and military veterans. Located on Street Road in Southampton, HealthLink serves residents of both Bucks County and Montgomery County.
HealthLink provides free, premium dental care to those who could not otherwise afford it. Since opening its doors in 2001, HealthLink has provided more than 27,000 free appointments to underserved adults in the community. In 2018, more than 2,000 local residents have visited the clinic, including 86 military veterans, and received $812,381 worth of free dental care, thanks to generous volunteer professionals who donated 1,294 hours of dental services.
Powered by local dental professionals who volunteer their time and talent, as well as financial contributions from the community, HealthLink Dental Clinic maintains a lean budget of $500,000 annually.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the newly created position of Major Gift Officer (MGO) will devise and implement a Major Gifts strategy and program. The MGO will be responsible for building new relationships, managing a pool of 75-100 major gift prospects and systematically moving prospects through the donor cycle to successfully close gifts of $5,000 or more to support HealthLink Dental Clinic to achieve revenue goals.
He or she will also be responsible for maintaining good working relationships with the Executive Director, Clinic Director, Board of Directors, and professional volunteers. The Executive Director, a CFRE, is responsible for other aspects of the organization’s fundraising program, including grant writing, annual appeal, special events, and corporate relations.
This position is flexible regarding hours and benefits package.
1. Become knowledgeable about HealthLink Dental Clinic and its mission in order to effectively communicate to prospects.
2. Build and manage a pipeline of prospects, including the strategic identification, qualification, and cultivation of prospects.
3. Develop, implement, manage, and maintain strategies to obtain major gifts.
4. Develop effective strategies for the stewardship and recognition of major donors.
5. Develop strong relationships with those closest to HLDC and forge new relationships with local individuals, foundations, organizations, and businesses to increase HLDC’s potential donor base.
6. In addition to maintaining a portfolio of prospects, support the Executive Director and members of the Board in activities to secure major gifts, including the development of customized gift proposals, prospect research, meeting strategy, and talking points.
7. Achieve revenue goals as set forth by the Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
8. Maintain accurate and timely records of all prospect interactions in the donor database (eTapestry).
9. Attend organization and community events as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & PREFERENCES:
- 10+ years professional experience in nonprofits/fundraising; at least 5 years of which include experience in major gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated ability in personally cultivating, soliciting, and securing $5,000+ gifts.
- Strong familiarly with philanthropic landscape in Bucks County and the surrounding region.
- Familiarity with charitable trusts, gift annuities, bequests, and other planned giving instruments.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate the case for support so that individuals “buy into” the mission of HealthLink and understand the need for philanthropic support. Strong computer skills, with donor database experience and the ability to direct specific queries (eTapestry experience preferred).
- Strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Proven self-starter that can operate independently with minor support.
- Flexibility and appreciation of humor.
- Strong commitment to public health and the mission of HLDC.
- Willingness to travel to meet with prospects and attend events on behalf of HLDC.
This position is flexible regarding working hours and benefits; applicants seeking both full and part-time opportunities are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To be considered, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest to email@example.com.
Nominations and confidential inquiries made to:
The Angeletti Group
17 Village Road - PO Box 188 New Vernon, NJ 07976
(973) 540-1400 ext. 1014
Contact: Director Andrew Humphrey
Mailing Address: 70 Pine Grove Ave