Main Line Summer Art Camp Director
Haverford 19041, Pennsylvania
Main Line Art Center seeks a dynamic, creative, confident and caring Camp Director for our thriving 11 week long summer art camp. The successful candidate should be highly organized, extremely flexible, and adept at communicating effectively with campers ages 4-12, as well as camp parents, teaching artists, teaching artist apprentices and administrative staff. You will come into a growing and joyful camp community that regularly attracts exceptional teaching artists and enthusiastic campers, and you will have the opportunity to help shape the next chapter in our summer story.
- Develop themes for camp curriculum.
- Create class groupings based on enrollment and determine staffing needs based on classes.
- Interview, hire, schedule and manage the Teaching Artist Apprentices.
- Develop the teaching schedule, before and after care schedules for each camp session and arrange for substitutes when necessary.
- Establish camp policies and make sure that camp teaching artists and TAAs understand these policies and carry them out.
- Manage our booth at multiple camp fairs.
- Manage curriculum, ensuring that all teachers have submitted overviews of lessons before the start of each camp session.
- Oversee camp exhibitions, including the involvement of pre-teen and teen studio participants.
- Oversee daily camper pick-up and drop-off, as well as lunch-care.
- Communicate all supply needs to Education Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Communicate with parents and address child behavioral or discipline issues as needed.
- Maintain master binders for child emergency & pick-up forms and alert camp and office staff of any special needs, dietary or health concerns.
- Organize pre-and post-camp teaching artist meetings and weekly camper evaluations to ensure that we continually improve.
Assist staff in providing the highest level of customer service for parents and campers.
If interested, email Dan Halprin, Director of Education at [email protected] with the subject heading “Camp Director.” In order to be considered, you must attach your cover letter, resume and 3 references to your email as a single, separate document.