Individual Giving Manager
Philadelphia 19103, Pennsylvania
Mission First Housing Group is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Individual Giving Manager, a critical position in its five-member Fundraising & Communications Department. Reporting to and in partnership with Mission First’s Director of Philanthropy & Communication, the Individual Giving Manager will spearhead efforts to build out this essential piece of Mission First’s fundraising efforts. Beyond reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Individual Giving Manager will also work with the CEO and Executive Director of Mission First and its affiliate, ACHIEVEability, respectively, as well as with the Boards of Directors of these two affiliated nonprofit organizations.
A successful candidate for this position will be a flexible, self-starter who will work well independently and as part of a busy team, who is equally comfortable in the detail of building and managing a fundraising database, as with providing support to board members and executive staff in donor cultivation and solicitation work.
Mission First Housing Group is a nonprofit organization committed to ensuring everyone has access to a safe, affordable place to call home. Founded in 1989, Mission First develops and manages affordable, safe and sustainable homes for people in need, with a focus on the vulnerable. Today we provide affordable homes to 4,500 individuals in nearly 3,500 apartments across the mid-Atlantic region. Our Resident Services department complements our housing development and management work by providing support for residents to live independently, overcome challenges and meet individual and family goals.
Mission First is a family of seven affiliated nonprofit organizations, all working to address key issues related to housing security and anti-poverty programming for people in need. The Fundraising & Communications Department supports the work of the entire Mission First family of affiliates. The Individual Giving Manager will have a particular focus on supporting and developing the annual giving and major gift pipeline development for one specific affiliate in the Mission First family, ACHIEVEability. ACHIEVEability, a west Philadelphia-based community organization, permanently breaks the generational cycle of poverty for low-income, single parent and homeless families through affordable housing, as well as higher education, supportive services, and community and economic development work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director of Philanthropy and Executive Staff in the formulation and implementation of an overall strategy for substantially increasing support from individual donors.
- Closely monitor revenue goals for this strategy.
- Serve as team lead in the development and management of a new fundraising and communications database.
- Manage annual giving campaigns for Mission First and its affiliate, ACHIEVEability, and execute strategies to increase the individual donor base.
- Carry out all aspects of annual appeal solicitations via mail, email and in person efforts.
- Grow a major gifts program and work closely with the Director of Philanthropy, Executive Staff, in particular the Executive Director for ACHIEVEability, and Board of Directors to cultivate and steward donors in the major gift pipeline.
- Manage the gift administration and acknowledgement process.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Coordinate with the Communications and Events Manager, to participate in special events planning, overseeing aspects related to sponsorship, ticket sales, donor relations, etc. Special events include two major annual fundraising events, as well as other volunteer and cultivation events.
- Participate in regular meetings with Director of Philanthropy and/or ACHIEVEability’s Executive Director to review campaign progress (seasonal appeals, events, etc.), as well as create and monitor personalized cultivation plans for current and prospective donors.
- Prepare and analyze regular reports to assess progress toward fundraising goals.
- Create reports for the Boards of Directors regarding donor information and giving analysis.
- Participate in Board Development Committee Meetings, as needed.
- In partnership with the Director of Philanthropy, serve as Board liaison to keep members informed and up to date on all fundraising activities related to individual giving.
- Work in support of Communications and Events Manager to develop a communications plan for Mission First, with particular focus on coordinating communications and messaging for ACHIEVEability in vehicles such as e-newsletters, social media, annual report, and appeal letters.
- Research and stay up-to-date on trends in funding for nonprofits to help position Mission First and ACHIEVEability ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Proven record of accomplishment in building relationships with donors.
- Experience in recruiting, managing, motivating and engaging board members in fundraising and special events.
- Experience mastering donor database use including entry and maintenance of data and pulling reports to review and analyze giving trends.
- Proven ability to craft both email and direct mail fundraising campaigns.
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience working with fundraising software/databases, and familiarity with websites and social media.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of Mission First.
- Strong familiarity with the Greater Philadelphia philanthropic community.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum of five years of fund development experience in the nonprofit sector and knowledge of how to implement a multi-source development plan.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected]
Contact: HR Manager
Salary: $75,000 - $98,000
E-Mail: [email protected]