Human Resources Manager
Media 19063, Pennsylvania
Providence Animal Center, formerly known as the Delaware County SPCA, a non-profit organization, is seeking applications and referrals for a Human Resource Manager to join our senior leadership team.
Located in Media, PA., Providence Animal Center is a mission driven organization dedicated to caring for and adopting out pets rescued from overcrowded shelters, pets, who are relinquished by their owners as well as rescue and rehabilitate animals who have suffered cruelty and neglect. In addition to placing orphaned pets in forever homes, we prevent future pet overpopulation through community programs including low cost public veterinary and behavioral services, humane law enforcement and education, and pet food pantries.
Discover more about us by visiting https://www.providenceac.org/.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement human resources initiatives and programs, and create policies in compliance with our mission/vision, objectives, and legal requirements for the entire organization.
- Review existing HR functions, processes, and objectives and make necessary recommendations and changes to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Analyze compensation to establish the organization wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversee the variable pay systems within the organization including bonuses and raises.
- Implement and update the compensation program annually. Monitor all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Monitor the performance management program and revise as necessary.
- Lead organizational compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Oversee, coordinate and process all FMLA, LOA, and ADA requests and dialogues.
- Review, guide, and approve management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Oversee the Safety Committee and OSHA Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements.
- Review employee appeals through the organization complaint procedure; conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- • Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; write and place advertisements; work with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conduct reference checking; extend job offers; conduct new-employee orientations; conduct exit interviews.
- Develop a process of organizational planning that evaluates organization structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the organization. Make recommendations to the senior leadership team.
- Update and maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Utilize the HRIS system to reduce administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the other needs of the organization. Oversee administrative tasks to include maintaining organizational charts, etc.
- Lead benefits administration, working with a 3rd party administrator.
- Administer the 401K Retirement Program.
- Develop all Human Resources training programs. Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses organization training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfers. Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them. Make certain that the managers know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees.
- Formulate and recommend Human Resources policies, procedures and objectives for the organization; update and maintain the employee handbook. Partner with management to communicate human resource policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
This is a Full-time, exempt position that reports to the Executive Director and will supervise an Administrative Assistant
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Long periods sitting at a computer.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/related field or equivalent certification/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years human resources management experience required, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- PHR or SPHR helpful.
- Experience with HRIS. Experience with PayChex software and applicant tracking system(s) a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Advanced knowledge of Excel is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); excellent interpersonal skills, team player, high level of professionalism and confidentiality, detail orientated, ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Experience with all levels of leadership.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, analytical, and excellent customer service skills.
Benefits: Medical and Dental Benefits, 401K (with match program), PTO, paid holidays, and more.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Contact: Hiring Manager
Salary: $ 60,000 annually