Housing Stability Case Manager
West Chester 19380, Pennsylvania
Friends Association provides housing and services to families experiencing or in danger of experiencing homelessness in Chester County.
The Housing Stability Case Manager is a new full-time exempt position providing long-term case management to families moving into permanent housing in Chester County. The position will work collaboratively with two other regional providers to ensure continuity of service through-out Chester County. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
- To provide advocacy, life-skills and resource coordination case management to families transitioning, from the Chester County family shelter system or ConnectPoints, to permanent housing.
- Work with Shelter Coordinators and or ConnectPoints to accept and process referrals
- Work with Shelter Coordinators and Housing locator to assist families in planning for transition into permanent housing
- Provide case management to families to complete necessary applications/forms for program transition
- Provide ongoing case management to families that transition to permanent housing for at least 12 months
- Track a family's progress and keep written records of progress
- Ensure that all client, and case management, services are provided for families identified for transition
- Input all client data into Chester County Community Information Management System
- Maintain and update all client records as assigned
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
- Coordinate with other Friends Association programs
- Build and maintain network of resources for Friends Association Programs
- Perform other duties as assigned like participating in Board Committees or speaking about the program
Qualification and Skills:
- At minimum, a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in housing or homeless case management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; basic computer literacy
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Prior to date of hire: Complete FACPC application, providing three references
- Upon Date of Hire: Provide copies of the following: PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal Clearance, PA driver's license, proof of auto insurance and Social Security Card (or other ID required for I-9); complete all forms required for personnel file.
- Within 30 days of Hire: return physical exam form with acceptable results
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org