Historic House Coordinator
PHILADELPHIA 19103, Pennsylvania
Fairmount Park Conservancy brings parks to life. We improve and steward Philadelphia’s parks, enhance their historic and cultural assets, and support the communities they serve. We envision a vibrant, high-quality, and equitable park system that enriches the lives of all Philadelphians and serves as a model for excellence in civic engagement, environmental stewardship, historic preservation, and cultural vitality.
Fairmount Park Conservancy seeks an Historic House Coordinator to grow the audience for a group of historic houses of Fairmount Park, known as the Park Charms. Fairmount Park Conservancy, with assistance and guidance from Philadelphia Parks & Recreation (PPR) provides event management, marketing and promotional services which increases attendance and awareness of Cedar Grove, Laurel Hill Mansion, Lemon Hill, Mount Pleasant, Historic Strawberry Mansion and Woodford, along with efforts to engage with the communities living nearest the historic houses and diversify the audience through special events and other marketing activities. The Historic House Coordinator will also assist with docent management for PPR’s Historic House Museums as needed. This position works closely with the Senior Director, Strategy and Planning and the Senior Director, Preservation and Property Management, to implement strategies that advance the Conservancy’s priorities for the historic houses of Fairmount Park. The incumbent will also collaborate with staff across the organization and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation to implement program opportunities.
- Implement a comprehensive historic house marketing and event strategy that includes signature events such as A Very Philly Christmas, Ciderfest and the Historic Scavenger Hunt.
- Create and initiate partnerships with organizations and businesses to expand programming at historic houses and amplify marketing efforts.
- Manage all promotional activities for historic houses including design, print collateral, website management, video production, newsletters, social media and email campaigns in collaboration with our communications team.
- Contract with and manage vendors for events and special programs.
- Work with the Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation staff to coordinate marketing efforts.
- Initiate community outreach within the overall audience engagement strategy for the historic houses. Coordinate efforts with the Fairmount Park Conservancy stewardship staff as needed.
- Communicate with and achieve buy in on marketing and event strategies with five house stewardship teams and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation management.
- Work with key promotional partners such as VisitPhilly.com to broaden and amplify marketing efforts.
- With the communications team, coordinate public relations efforts for historic houses including drafting press releases and media advisories and managing press events in partnership with external public relations consultants.
- Manage operational protocols related to historic house events such as docent and volunteer training, vendor oversight, contracted transportation, admissions, event signage and ticketing.
- Update and maintain micro-website for historic house holiday program, A Very Philly Christmas. Work with external designers as needed and maintain ParkCharms.com website.
- Analyze data related to event and marketing strategies. Create and distribute customer surveys, collect and synthesize data on events and programs to gauge success and customer satisfaction. Present findings to senior management of Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree required. Marketing, Museum Management or related field preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience in event management
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional communication skills and a track record of professional success
- Other requirements include strong organizational, interpersonal, writing, and time management skills; attention to detail; and the ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Fairmount Park Conservancy
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Fairmount Park Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
To Apply: Please send a formal letter of interest, resume, three work related references and salary requirements attached as either PDF or Word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Historic House Coordinator” in the subject line.
Submissions without a letter of interest and salary requirements will not be considered. Please, no phone calls or mailed applications.
Deadline for application is Friday, March 29, 2019. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Contact: Human Resource
Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability and retirement plans.