Philadelphia 19102, Pennsylvania
PYM is a Quaker faith community of over 100 Quaker meetings working together to nurture Quaker faith and witness in today’s world. Our grants program provides close to 1 million dollars annually in grants. For more information, visit www.pym.org
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM) seeks a Grants Associate to support our grantmaking processes. This position works closely with those seeking and receiving grants, with PYM’s finance department and is responsible for the quality and timeliness of the grants process. Additional responsibilities include database management and database reporting. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented and have an ability to work collaboratively with committees and granting groups. Understanding of Quaker practice and principles is highly desired.
This is a full-time (35 hour per week), benefits eligible, hourly and nonexempt position. This position reports to the Director of Grantmaking. Pay rate is $22 to $24 per hour.
- Provides staff support for assigned granting groups: ensures continuity across membership changes and supplies information to granting groups on their history, policies and procedures. Helps Clerks to orient new members. Facilitates preparation and follow-up for meetings; makes room arrangements, distributes minutes, reports, and agenda packets.
- Attends Granting Committee meetings; facilitates Grants Publicity Subcommittee access to PYM website.
- Provides information on application requirements and reporting expectations verbally and in writing, to grant seekers, applicants, and grantees. Reads and summarizes proposals, enters data, and communicates with applicants to obtain missing material. Enters approved grant decisions in database, creates grant letters and check requests.
- Designs database guidelines and protocols; crafts queries and reports to view and analyze past and current grants and upcoming applications and activities. Creates reports for assigned granting groups’ use, and reports to Friends Fiduciary Corporation (FFC) on behalf of granting groups that distribute revenue from funds for which FFC is Trustee.
- Maintains, updates, and upgrades the grants database and website; ensures that presentation is clear, complete and current. Maintains grant records to meet legal, auditing and organizational requirements.
- An active Friend or extensive experience with Friends’ meetings; knowledge of Quaker principles and practice.
- College degree or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in philanthropy or nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point, web-posting expertise; experience in grant tracking software, and/or in Salesforce, and/or in Wordpress a plus.
- Strong ability to organize information and workflow.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to details and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, and handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Occasional Saturday and evening meetings.
All staff members work in a collaborative manner. In that context, all are expected to be flexible, collegial, and willing to accept a variety of assignments. PYM is an EOE; diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with your application at https://bit.ly/2JnwUIG.
Contact: Zakia Williams