Bala Cynwyd 19004, Pennsylvania
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 600,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
The Grant Writer/Researcher is a member of LBBC’s Advancement team and is responsible for seeking grant opportunities that support the organization’s strategic initiatives. This is a multifaceted role that will challenge you to manage the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grants to foundations and other institutional funders. This is a part-time position (approx. 22.5 hours/week).
- Work with staff across the organization to develop fundraising strategies in support of LBBC’s mission and priorities.
- Research and assess prospective funding sources, including foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Draft, edit, and submit concept papers, letters of intent, and grant proposals.
- Track and record progress on all grant prospects/applications/awards in Raiser’s Edge, LBBC’s database of record. Maintain a calendar of all institutional prospects.
- Ensure that proposals and grant reports are submitted in a timely fashion. Work collaboratively with staff in the Finance Department for grant implementation and report planning.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with current grantors and potential funding sources.
- Assist staff in the Advancement Department with other writing tasks as necessary.
- Participate and assist with fundraising events and activities as needed.
- Interact with LBBC constituents at fundraising and educational programs to increase awareness of the organization and to develop relationships that can result in increased engagement.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in proposal writing with a track record of success
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other relational database preferred
- Strong written communication skills, especially ability to write clear, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills with attention to detail
Interest in women’s health issues or oncology
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: [email protected]. Application deadline: 1/31/2018.
Contact: Human Resources
E-Mail: [email protected]