Grant Writer and Alumni Coordinator
Philadelphia 19129, Pennsylvania
Mercy Career & Technical High School (Mercy CTE) is a private, urban, co-educational, career and technical high school sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. Please visit www.mercycte.org to learn more about this unique school.
- Full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Director of Advancement
- Researches, writes, submits and tracks grant proposals to foundations and other potential funding sources.
- Takes the lead in planning and implementing fundraising events for the school.
- Responsible for the planning and coordinating of all alumni events and interactions. Maintains contact with alumni and answers any alumni related queries while strengthening the connection between Mercy CTE alumni and the school.
- Plays an integral role in stewardship of current donor relationships and attracting new donors.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in an advancement/development office
- Strong communication skills to express orally and in writing Mercy Career & Technical High School’s mission and fundraising goals with clarity, passion, and persuasion
- Relevant computer skills desired: Google apps, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, Constant Contact
- Demonstrates the ability to build, foster and maintain relationships with both internal and external constituencies including administrators, faculty, trustees, business leaders, volunteers, alumni, students, donors, and prospects
- ▪Appreciation and passion for the mission of Mercy Career & Technical High School
- Willing to travel locally and sometimes work nights and weekends.
To Apply: Qualified candidates may send cover letter and resume to: Nancy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org