Family Service Manager - Home Repair Program
Chalfont 18914, Pennsylvania
Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County is seeking a Family Service Manager who will serve as the primary contact for homeowner inquiries to Habitat Bucks’ growing Home Repair program.
The Family Service Manager assists homeowners throughout the home repair process, i.e. evaluate their application to determine home repair needs and financial eligibility, ensure that the home repair plan is a good fit with the homeowner’s situation, and manage homeowner’s documentation and contracts. This position works to increase Habitat Bucks capacity to preserve homes of low income homeowners through the repair of their existing housing. Special skills in helping individuals faced with difficult situations, such as safety concerns, accessibility, and affordability are needed.
- Manage applications including qualifying homeowners for varied funding sources.
- Qualify homeowners for home repair and financing, assist with design of their home repair plan, and provide support throughout the process.
- Manage agreements with the homeowner including preparation and review of scopes of work.
- Attain and maintain certification as a Qualified Loan Originator.
- Provide reporting and administrative support for the Home Repair Program.
- Collaborate with other departments that have a role in the Home Repair Program.
- Position is full time and reports to Home Repair Program Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience with older or disabled adults is a plus.
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Strong planning, organization and follow-through skills.
- Communicate in an engaging and professional manner, demonstrating discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential matters
- Demonstrated success in implementation of human service programming and case management.
Demonstrated experience in Word, Excel and other common software programs.
To Apply: Send cover letter (required) and resume to Florence Kawoczka, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org