Executive Director (Part-Time)
Villanova 19085, Pennsylvania
Willows Park Preserve (WPP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, was founded in 2017 by a group of passionate Radnor residents. WPP views revitalizing Rose Garland, the historic mansion at the center of The Willows park, as an opportunity to create a public space for the people of the Greater Philadelphia Area while increasing community health and connection through expanded programming. WPP’s Board of Directors is comprised of a dynamic group of volunteer Radnor residents and representatives suggested by the Radnor Township Board of Commissioners.
As the inaugural Executive Director you will help guide this energetic community-based organization as it orchestrates the restoration of Rose Garland, develops a business plan for long-term self-sufficiency, operations and programming and undertakes a capital campaign to raise the funds to accomplish these tasks.
The Executive Director (ED) will have overall operational responsibility for WPP’s, programs, fundraising, finances and execution of its mission. Embracing WPP’s mission the Executive Director is responsible for all matters financial, including invoicing and gift processing, coordination with Treasurer on budget and finances, and general office management. The Executive Director will represent WPP in the community and work in partnership with the board and others to raise funds for both the capital projects and ongoing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure that all gifts are processed and entered into QuickBooks accounting system.
- Collaborate with the Finance committee to create an annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Coordinate WPP’s internal administrative needs, office equipment maintenance and procurement, and supplies procurement
- Assure a coordinated, well-maintained communication system (phone, email etc…), working to enable smooth communication between the board of WPP and entities such as the Radnor Township Board of Commissioners, attorneys, contractors etc…
- With the WPP Board execute contracts and other agreements and partnerships that are beneficial to WPP.
Marketing, Public Relations and Customer Service
- Represent the Willows Park Preserve at programs and public functions
- Help assure that inquiries are met in a high quality, timely and consistent manner
- Act as liaison with Radnor Township in scheduling the use of the Mansion and Park for community events (future).
- In coordination with Marketing Consultant, maintain and regularly update the Willows Park Preserve website and social media sites.
Support of Board of Directors
- Provide administrative support to the Willows Park Preserve Board of Directors and particularly the Board President as they discharge their duties to the organization.
- Support the board as they schedule board and committee meetings.
- Work in partnership with the board as they engage in strategic planning for WPP.
- In coordination with the WPP Board and Fundraising Committee, implement strategies for achieving WPP’s fund raising objectives.
- Work with the Fundraising Committee to research funding sources, write funding proposals to reach fundraising goals
- Work with the WPP Board and Fundraising Committee to create a fund development plan for the organization.
- Work with Capital Campaign Consultant and Capital Campaign Committee to develop a Capital Campaign Plan.
- Work with The Board and Committee members to develop and recruit individual and corporate major donors.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new fundraising opportunities
- Ensure that earned income is generated from programs and services while ensuring programs and services are priced to be accessible to all members of the community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong track record of financial management and fundraising including grant writing
- Experience planning, managing and successfully completing a capital campaign
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Significant nonprofit leadership experience
- Superior ability to organize, prioritize, and estimate project logistics
- Excellent customer service manner
- Excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite as well as QuickBooks and other PC applications
- Experience using social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ability to assume multiple responsibilities; make good, quick, decisions and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to complete projects efficiently and at high quality level
- Ability to deal in a professional, warm manner with community members, board members, donors and partners and treat confidential material as such
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours (evenings and weekends) to attend meetings, events and community programs.
- Knowledge of the Willows and its history preferred but not required.
To Apply: Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com