Philadelphia 19131, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Parks Alliance seeks an Executive Director to be its organizational spokesperson, leader and fundraiser. We want someone with the vision to lead a broad, deep, and powerful alliance working closely with the Philadelphia Parks and Recreation Department for clean, safe, well programmed, and easily accessible public parks and recreation amenities for the neighborhoods and diverse communities in Philadelphia. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the organization builds and implements programs that advance its mission, secures the resources it needs to succeed, and uses the funds it raises efficiently and effectively. The Executive Director also supports the work of the Board of Directors and supervises the staff.
The Executive Director:
- Serves as the principal spokesperson for the organization;
- With staff and Board support, serves as the organization’s lead fundraiser with foundations, individuals and corporations;
- Works with Board and staff to develop, update, and evaluate the organization’s strategic and annual plans;
- Ensures that the organization builds and implements programs which effectively advance its mission;
- Serves as an advocate for Philadelphia parks in a variety of forums including city government and the media;
- Builds trusting relationships and works closely with public agencies, members and other allies to make progress on common goals;
- Ensures that the organization develops sound annual budgets, builds the organization’s financial strength and stability, and oversees financial management and administration;
- Works with Board and staff to develop and implement an annual communications plan;
- Is responsible for hiring, supervising, inspiring and evaluating staff;
- Acts as Board liaison, informing and supporting the Board as needed and working closely with the Board Chair;
- Has overall responsibility for planning and executing programs, including conferences, meetings and events.
The Executive Director reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors.
• Ability to establish and maintain a strong relationship with Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and our sister park and recreation organizations
• Ability to develop programs and program partnerships
• Understanding the complexities and challenges facing Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and diverse communities
• Understanding of Philadelphia culture and mechanics of Philadelphia politics
• Proven success in raising funds from individuals, foundations, government & corporations
• Capacity to develop and implement a plan for organizational sustainability
• Five or more years’ experience in a senior leadership role (program development and implementation, budgeting, management) or other relevant experience
• Passion for parks, recreation and public spaces
• Strong commitment to a collaborative work style with members, Board, staff, community groups, elected officials and other key stakeholders
• Excellent communications skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- LOCATION: 5070 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA. Adjacent to Fairmount Park. Required frequent movement around the city and a flexible schedule.
- SALARY: $85,000 to $90,000.
- BENEFITS: Reimbursement for health insurance purchased from U.S. insurance marketplace or a monthly stipend. 403(b) retirement plan. Full-time position (average of 40 hours per week), some nights and weekends required. All full-time employees are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) including 20 vacation/personal/sick and 12 holidays of your choosing.
- START DATE: As soon as possible.
CLOSE DATE: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
TO APPLY: Please send via email, 1) Cover email/letter explaining why you’re interested and qualified, and 2) Resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the words Parks Alliance Position in the email subject line.
No phone calls please.
All applications will be acknowledged promptly.
(This job announcement can also be found at www.philaparks.org)
Philadelphia Parks Alliance encourages diversity and prohibits discrimination in the office place. The organization exceeds the anti-discrimination policies of the City of Philadelphia, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and of the federal government. Specifically, PPA prohibits discrimination in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, gender identity, or socio-economic status.
Contact: Damon C. Williams
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000