Aston 19014, Pennsylvania
The mission of Lifetime Wells International (“LWI”) is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and reduce the number of people without access to clean water by designing and installing sustainable water infrastructure and empowering communities to maintain the water systems.
LWI was started over ten years ago by two well drillers who were seeking ways to use their technical skills to help the developing world. Since its inception LWI has worked with NGOs in several countries to drill more than 2,000 wells and provide clean water to over 1,000,000 people in Africa. All of the fundraising, coordination for well drilling with NGOs, and management of well sustainability has been done on a volunteer basis. The vision of the LWI Board of Directors is to bring clean water to more villages in Africa. The Board has agreed to engage its first full time Executive Director to lead the expansion of LWI activities in the United States.
The Executive Director will be a key management leader of LWI. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and execution of the strategic direction of the organization. Major duties will include fundraising, ensuring financial viability and marketing. This position may involve occasional short trips to Africa, as needed. The position will report directly to the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will serve for a two-year contractual period, which can be renewed by the Board of Directors upon successful completion of the following tasks.
Fundraising: Collaborate with the Board of Directors to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization. Activities to include:
- Develop and execute the LWI annual fundraising plan.
- Implement the fundraising plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, churches, corporations, and other civic organizations.
- Implement and manage a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
- Oversee consultant(s) and volunteers responsible for data entry, gift processing, and other tasks.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee and increase number of volunteers.
- Oversee organization and implementation of special events.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising, including preparing and submitting grant applications, as outlined in the fundraising plan.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Monitor trends and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of LWI, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
- Manage the timely and accurate bookkeeping of all financial transactions.
- Maintain internal controls over all cash transactions, including wire transfers.
- Subject to Board approval, responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Digital and Social Media Development
- Responsible for overseeing and growing the overall online footprint for the organization. This includes building a digital strategy for growing an email list and creating a social media following.
- Subject to budget allocation for marketing, responsible for creating and growing the online fundraising program.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector, especially for water-related organizations
- Ability to convey the vision of the Lifetime Well International's strategic future to board, volunteers and donors
- Solid, hands-on, accounting and budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning and task facilitation
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Salary: $50,000-$72,000 commensurate with experience, includes stipend for health insurance and reimbursement for all expenses incurred, including travel, that are directly or indirectly related to activities supporting the mission of the organization.
Contact: Mr. Ron Reese
Salary: $50,000-$72,000 commensurate with experience