Cincinnati 45223, Ohio
SOTENI International invites applications for the position of full time Executive Director [ED] for the Cincinnati office. Under the general direction of SI’s Board of Trustees and supervision by the Board Chairperson or designate, the ED is responsible for the operation and management of SI’s activities and services. The ED will carry out the mission of SI by raising funds; ensuring program goals are met; and engaging donors, staff, interns, and volunteers in Kenya and USA. Effective communication, a positive attitude and strategy toward the growth of SI, and the achievement of its mission through mutual understanding of goals and objectives are essential. The ideal candidate must have proven success in operations and fundraising for nonprofits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Management
- Manages the implementation of SI programs, sets program goals, and creates workplan/s.
- Monitors program and financial reports from Kenya and assesses program effectiveness.
- Maintains database of program activities, finances, and results.
- Supports strategic planning process.
- Maintains knowledge of HIV/AIDS, international development, and other relevant issues.
Marketing, Fundraising, and Public Relations
- Serves as public face of SI to establish, maintain, and strengthen relationships with current and potential donors, partners, and other stakeholders in the USA and Kenya.
- Helps to develop and execute SI’s fundraising, marketing, and development workplan/s.
- Develops, sustains, and expands programs through acquisition of grants and other funding.
- Works to publicize and promote SI through electronic media and other marketing materials.
- Identifies and establishes new partnerships that support SI’s mission and vision.
- Supports development and management of special SI events.
- Supports operations and administration of Board to fulfill its governance function.
- Works with Board chairperson; schedules and attends Board and Board committee meetings.
- Works with Board committees to expand the Board and fulfill SI workplan/s.
- Ensures smooth daily operations of the SI office.
- Recruits and manages volunteers, interns, and staff.
- Develops and implements sound human resource practices.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
Fiscal and Legal Oversight
- Leads preparation and management of SI’s annual budget and keeps Board apprised of performance against budget.
- Conducts official correspondence and executes legal documents.
- Maintains official records and documents to ensure compliance; oversees annual audit.
- Keeps policies, procedures, and operations manuals current and approved.
Represents SI to Kenyan partners for financial communications and oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s preferred.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience with volunteers and board of directors. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience recruiting corporate sponsors and partners.
- Experience developing and submitting funding proposals. Acquisition of grants preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in planning, budgeting, and motivating volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and managerial skills.
- Computer and database proficiency.
- Familiarity with Bloomerang or equivalent donor management system. Proficiency preferred.
Send your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references to [email protected] with the subject line “Executive Director Search”.
Applications submitted before 11:59PM EST on June 15 2018 will be reviewed.