Camden 08105, New Jersey
Cathedral Kitchen's (CK) mission is to use food to change lives. CK uses food to nourish, train and employ people to offer them hope for improving their lives: the organization works to feed and energize a healthy community.
Founded in 1976, CK has a long history of serving up hope in Camden. CK has grown in size and capacity to now serve more than 122,000 nutritious meals a year on and off site. In addition to food support, CK provides culinary arts job training and offers free health and dental care. In recent years, CK has significantly expanded its social enterprise operations, which include daily contract meals, a café, a food truck and a satellite café site. CK's social enterprises provide jobs for Camden residents and increasingly generate a source of revenue to support the organization's human service programs. CK also provides food outreach to seniors living within the city. CK has a loyal corps of over 1,000 volunteers.
Mission/Strategy: Ensures the organization’s mission and vision is fulfilled through programming, strategic initiatives, and community outreach.
- Assures that the organization’s mission is consistent and effectively implemented.
- Works in partnership with Board of Directors (the Board) to jointly create, implement and monitor the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Leads CK in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board.
- Ensures implementation of CK’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Leads strategic planning efforts to ensure that CK fulfills its mission into the future.
Fiscal Management: Maintains the financial health of the organization.
- Ensures fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget and ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Ensures the fiscal integrity of CK. Submits monthly financial statements to the Finance Committee that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Submits financial statements to the Board at each board meeting.
- Develops a proposed annual budget for submission to the Finance Committee and the Board.
- Oversees fundraising and development of other resources necessary to support CK’s mission.
- Ensures active and ongoing fundraising as well as development of new funding resources to sustain program activities.
Operations: Ensures the agency works through qualified personnel to accomplish its programmatic, financial, strategic and operational goals.
- Ensures effective administration of operations.
- Is responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
Board Governance: Partners with the Board to fulfill the organization’s mission and vision.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Works with Board to develop, maintain and support a strong and diverse Board of Directors.
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Provides strategic planning guidance to the Board, including participation in annual Board retreat.
Community Presence: Serves as the public face of Cathedral Kitchen.
- Ensures positive image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic private organizations and vendors.
- Establishes sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations, stakeholders and partners.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for the organization to agencies, organizations and the general public.
- Minimum BS/BA degree, with postgraduate degree a plus.
- Prior senior nonprofit management experience, including experience as an Executive Director, in a small to mid-size nonprofit organization.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software, and WordPress and social media applications.
Professional Skills & Attributes:
- Track record of effectively leading a direct service organization with a complex array of programs and the ability to leverage strengths across program areas.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision-maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Proven visionary with leadership skills in a diverse, urban environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
Demonstrated ability to:
- build, lead and sustain effective community coalitions and partnerships.
- develop funding partners and have raised funds to support operations and programs.
- monitor, understand, interpret and implement a multi-program budget.
- Spanish-speaking ability a plus.
Compensation: The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter that references experience in relation to the qualifications listed in the position description and how you learned of the position. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected].
Only electronic submissions will be considered. Submission deadline is Friday, June 8, 2018.
Visit website at http://www.cathedralkitchen.org to learn more about Cathedral Kitchen.
Contact: Affiliate Consultant Marie Zieger
E-Mail: [email protected]