Philadelphia 19130, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia City Rowing (PCR) has a mission to empower Philadelphia Public School students to reach their greatest potential.
We are currently seeking an impact-focused Executive Director to enhance our internal capacity to create a sustainable and resilient organizational framework. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for managing PCR’s operations, programs, and finances consistent with the mission and goals of the organization. The position requires working with PCR’s coaches, interns, volunteers, students, and parents as well as local and regional organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
Founded in 2010, PCR provides academic services and supportive mentoring within a highly structured athletic program. We serve as a competitive rowing team for the public and charter students of Philadelphia. Beyond being a rowing team, PCR’s programming extends to academic support, nutrition counseling, and environmental education.
In the eight years since its founding PCR has more than doubled its impact. We now serve over 100 student-athletes from 27 different schools. Our rowers represent the racial, cultural, and socioeconomic diversity of Philadelphia.
- Develop and grow diversified and sustainable financial resources. Maintain and maximize existing relationships, and cultivate new relationships with private, public and corporate funders.
- Develop and implement, along with the Board of Directors, strategic plans that meet impact goals and objectives.
- Optimize PCR’s organizational framework to ensure operational efficiency and sustainability. Includes appropriate staffing, training and talent management.
- Lead Board in developing an organizational strategy, establishing clear roles and responsibilities for board members, and supporting the recruitment of future board members.
- Manage coaching staff and build volunteer base.
- Maintain facilities, contracts, clearances, and any other official records as needed to secure safe operation and compliance of the program.
- Act as the external face of PCR, engaging in regular communication with PCR partners and stakeholders.
- Develop a communications strategy inclusive of newsletters and social media.
- Maintain an open dialogue and productive relationship with the Board.
- Proven success meeting fundraising goals while driving efficient operations within an organization
- Experience developing or enhancing a board of directors
- Experience leading positive youth development
- Successfully managed full-time, part-time, and/or volunteer staff
- Ability to engage PCR’s community in a culturally competent manner
Preferred, but not required…
- Background in athletics, education and/or counseling
- Established relationships within the Philadelphia non-profit community
Ability to maximize talent within a smaller organization
Interested Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
For a full job description and to learn more about our organization please visit: http://www.philadelphiacityrowing.org/executive-director-position
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
E-Mail: [email protected]