Swarthmore 19081, Pennsylvania
TCDN is a non-profit, non-sectarian childcare organization whose mission is to provide a safe, nurturing and enriching environment for preschool and school age children. TCDN’s office is located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, and serves families primarily from the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District. TCDN is well known in the community for providing excellent quality childcare. More than 250 children are served through six programs located in various facilities throughout the Wallingford/Swarthmore area. The programs include: Preschool (ages 12 months – pre-K); Kindergarten complementary program; Three After School Clubs at three different locations (grades K - 3); one Older After School Club (grades 4-6); and summer camp. TCDN has approximately 48 employees. http://tcdn.org/
The position of Executive Director is a full-time, year-round position. The TCDN Director is responsible for leading the strategy and operations that reflect the mission and goals of the organization. Specific duties include overall administration, marketing, fundraising, oversight of finances and facility maintenance, program and curriculum development, staff supervision and development, creation and nurturing of family and community relationships, and communication and cooperation with Board of Directors.
TCDN provides excellent benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience as an Executive Director of a Non-Profit organization, including proven track record working with Nonprofit Boards.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or a related field. Professional experience in Education and/or Child Care at a management level strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated background of maintaining a positive, nurturing and educationally stimulating child care environment, for both children and staff.
- Demonstrated record (3+ years) of effectively leading an organization, including: community outreach, managing relationships with key partners outside the organization, nurturing a positive work environment and establishing open lines of communication.
- Demonstrated success leading organizational change with a team-based approach.
- Excellent human resources track record including supervision and salary administration.
- Understanding of current education practices, philosophies and accreditations.
- Experience in a direct customer service environment, experience with parents and families preferred.
- Strong understanding of finances and budgeting and success in meeting or exceeding financial goals.
- Demonstrated success with grants, annual appeals and fundraising.
- Flexibility to lead or attend events out of school hours such as Board meetings, fundraisers, trainings, community events.
- Knowledge of key Risk Management and security issues in a child care setting.
- A dynamic, vision-oriented approach
- Strong leadership qualities
- Outgoing and engaging
- Positive and encouraging
- Hard-working, “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude
- Strong customer service approach
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; experience with educational programming.
- Non-Profit management experience including financial oversight and marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To Apply: For consideration, please email cover letter and resume as one pdf document to: [email protected]
TCDN is dedicated to an inclusive society and welcomes applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. TCDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.