Executive Director for Nonprofit Community Organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania
southern Chester County 19382, Pennsylvania
We are seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to guide and help our organization to grow.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization and plays a key role in advancing its mission by planning, coordinating and implementing the following:
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing and implementing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Foster effective team work between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and staff
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile
Operational planning and management
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations and needs of its clients, funders, and the Board of Directors
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Draft policies and procedures; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
Human resources planning and management
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
- Establish and maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment
- Recruit, interview, and hire staff; provide orientation, training and supervision as needed.
- Monitor staff performance on an on-going basis and ensure annual performance reviews are conducted for all staff.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- Discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; release staff when necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures
Financial planning and management
- Work with staff and the Finance Committee to prepare an annual budget
- Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation and growth of the organization
- In collaboration with board and committee members, identify and cultivate major donor prospects, develop and implement cultivation strategies, prepare and conduct presentations to individuals, corporations and groups to garner support
- In collaboration with the board, provide leadership in planning and implementing future capital fund raising initiatives.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization to ensure a balanced budget
- Provide the Finance Committee with comprehensive, regular finance reports
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
- In collaboration with the Marketing Committee, assist in the development and implementation of the public relations and communications plan.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Identify and evaluate the risks to clients, staff, management, volunteers, property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks
- Ensure that the Board of Directors and the organization carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in nonprofit management with special emphasis on fundraising and major gift development. CFRE desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of volunteers, cultivate and participate in the solicitation of donors, and take initiative to solve problems and work independently. Flexibility and willingness to create and implement new strategies to reach organizational goals.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
To Apply: Resumes and inquiries should be submitted to: [email protected]
Contact: Job Search Inquiry
Salary: Salary in the $55,000 to $65,000 range plus benefits, based on qualifications and experience.