EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/EVENT COORDINATOR
Radnor 19087, Pennsylvania
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD), based in Radnor, PA, seeks applicants to fill the critical, new position of executive assistant/event coordinator. AFTD is a globally recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit devoted to providing help and hope for families facing frontotemporal degeneration, the most common dementia for people under age 60. Established in 2002, AFTD has grown rapidly to a staff of eighteen, with a strong Board of Directors, highly respected Medical Advisory Council, and national network of volunteers. The organization provides support to thousands of patients and caregivers while directing over half of its $6M+ budget toward grants that drive scientific research in the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of FTD.
Due to continued, fast growth, AFTD seeks a highly organized and collaborative professional to provide key support for the CEO, Board of Directors, and Board committees, while leading event planning and management for the organization’s conferences and key meetings. Reporting to AFTD’s CEO, s/he will serve as a vital liaison between AFTD and its most committed volunteers, which will require significant professionalism, organization and discretion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support for CEO – facilitate the CEO’s activities through internal/external coordination and administrative support (i.e. scheduling, assisting in travel arrangements, providing briefing materials and itineraries for meetings, preparing information and correspondence).
- Board Liaison – facilitate board operations by managing meetings (scheduling, arranging logistics), administering the online board portal (preparation and archiving of board reports and materials, record-keeping), and practicing a working knowledge of AFTD governance policies.
- Event Planning –coordinate logistics (including venue, contracts, IT/AV needs, vendor relationships, catering, VIP travel plans) for special group meetings and, as key member of cross-departmental team, for AFTD’s annual education conference which draws 350+ attendees each year.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with progressive responsibility in administrative coordination and/or event management roles;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, GSuite);
- Experience in working with databases (SalesForce) with proven facility in learning new systems and platforms (BoardEffect);
- Proven skill in planning and coordinating events and meetings with experience in managing complex logistics, vendor relationships, and customer needs;
- Team player with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload and meet deadlines with exceptional organization skills and keen attention to detail;
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive information with diplomacy and discretion while developing and maintaining positive, collaborative relations with co-workers and volunteers;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills;
- Bachelor’s degree.
To Apply: Please send a résumé, cover letter, and salary expectations in an email titled, “EXEC ASST” to: [email protected].
For initial consideration, please submit applications by December 15, 2017.