Emergency Family Shelter Manager
West Chester 19380, Pennsylvania
The Shelter Manager is responsible for the provision of day-to-day oversight, management and operation of the Emergency Family Shelter Program. The Shelter Manager is also responsible for providing direct service and case management to families with a goal of securing stable housing and ensuring maximum effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of critical service needs.
This position includes on-call responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Oversee, coordinate and manage all functions and activities of the Emergency Family Shelter Program
- Conduct all intake and discharges from the Shelter
- Ensure that all client and case management services are provided for families in the Emergency Family Shelter Program
- Enter all client data into County Mandated CCCIMS Client Management Information System weekly
- Create and maintain Emergency Family Shelter Program client records
- Attend to overall maintenance and facility repairs, including but not limited to: schedule unit cleaning, restock the units, move out worn furniture and move in new furniture from the warehouse, schedule pest control maintenance and inform the Executive Director of needed repairs
- Maintain inventory of the supplies in the shelter storeroom and inform the Executive Assistant to request items on the SOS list; request and/or purchase needed items that are not received through SOS
- Ensure that fire drills are competed monthly
- Create and run programming for families, teaching necessary life skills such as but not limited to budgeting, renting, housekeeping
- Submits program summary reports, shelter “happenings” and data to Programs Director on a monthly basis
- Conducts program evaluation and monitoring; makes recommendations for program improvements.
- Provide effective and efficient operations of assigned areas
- Build public relations and community relationships
- Attend, participate, and conduct presentations in staff meetings, monitoring sessions, community events and other agency related business
- Attend and participate in relevant trainings, as well as events/meetings with inter-agency groups that provide assistance and advocacy to families
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, monitoring sessions, community events, and other agency related business.
- Perform other duties as assigned to effectively conduct the Agency’s business
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology or related field with at least three (3) years’ experience in housing management; Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) preferred, preferably licensed (LSW/LCSW)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and critically about an array of complex issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related products
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a diverse population, with sensitivity to differences in culture, religion, sexual orientation, race, age, and physical and mental illness.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, co-workers, and volunteers with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and treat each individual with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and will be required to pass a background check
- Prior to date of Hire: complete FACPC application, providing three references
- Upon date of Hire: provide copies of the following: PA Child Abuse clearance, PA Criminal clearance, FBI clearance, results of current TB test, PA driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and SS card (or other ID required for I-9); complete all forms required for personnel file
- Within 30 days of Hire: return physical exam form with acceptable results
- Within 60 days of Hire: complete all health insurance forms or a waiver of insurance
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com Subject Line: Shelter Manager Search
Contact: Executive Assistant Laura Maloney
Phone: 610-431-3598 x 208
Mailing Address: 113 W Chestnut Street West Chester, PA 19380