Early Childhood Educator, Grand Family Literacy Program
Philadelphia 19127, Pennsylvania
SOWN is seeking an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) to provide a range of family literacy services to children aged 3-8 and their caregivers. The ECE will also participate in community outreach, data collection, project planning, and other activities as part of the GrandFamily Literacy Program. The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) will have demonstrated experience working with preschool and young learners and teaching in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner in an urban environment. S/he will hold at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in early childhood education or special education, and have a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
The ECE will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate a community-based workshop series designed to help grandparents build the literacy/language skills of their grandchildren
- Coordinate interactive, special events for families to increase and expand children’s language, vocabulary, reading, and use of words/language
- Engage in outreach to community organizations, schools, aging service programs and other educational/human service programs.
- Develop individualized Family Support Plans with each family to set goals, identify learning/literacy activities, and track progress
- Coordinate and facilitate digital literacy skills workshops for grandparents
- Provide individual assessment and literacy-building activities one-on-one teaching language literacy skills to young children (3-8 years)
- Collaborate with child’s teachers/learning specialists, partner organizations and consultants to improve child’s learning and assess program’s impact on child’s literacy
- Provide information and referral to other organizations, including assisting with accessing quality Head Start, pre-schools, school-based special services or accommodations, behavioral health care services, and other needed services
- Work as a member of a team to ensure high quality program development, implementation, and coordination
- Participate in program reviews, reports, and meetings
- Advocate for the needs of grandfamilies with other systems
- Other responsibilities as needed
This is a Full time position. Monday through Friday employment.
The Early Childhood Educator will report to the Family Literacy Project Leader.
To Apply: Please email email@example.com with a resume and letter of interest by January 11, 2019.
Contact: Marypat Tracy