Director, Philanthropic Initiatives
Berwyn 19312, Pennsylvania
The mission of Melmark is to serve children, adults and their families affected by a broad range of intellectual disabilities. We provide evidence-based educational, vocational, clinical, residential, healthcare and rehabilitative services, personally designed for each individual, in a safe environment of warmth, care and respect.
The Director of Philanthropic Initiatives will work closely with the Director of Advancement in all phases of the advancement program. The primary focus is to develop a portfolio of individual major giving prospects. This role will be responsible for cultivating relationships with annual, major and planned giving prospects and engaging them further in Melmark's mission.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Melmark
- Identify and cultivate high level annual donors to expand the major donor base
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools.
- Work with the Director of Advancement to align efforts and set goals
- Maintain relationship with donors and prospects through consistent communication, acknowledging major donors through public/private communication, and identifying opportunities for donor recognition, stewardship, and appreciation
- Maintain a limited number of corporate/community prospects for cultivation
- Assist with planned giving marketing efforts including newsletters, mailings and social media
- Assist in soliciting sponsorships for major events
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum 5-years' experience in development with preferred focus on giving, major gifts or planned giving
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent writing and communication skills is a must
- Experience using donor database, prospect research and other wealth screening tools to aid in moves management process
- Ability to manage complex projects and work within short timelines
- Must be a self-starter with strong time management/multi-tasking skills. Strong team player with collaborative approach
HOW TO APPLY:
At Melmark, we are committed to making a difference in other's lives and we are looking for a Director of Philanthropic Initiatives who is innovative, creative and passionate about our mission.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Contact: Carrie Miller
Salary: Based on Experience