Director of Operations
West Chester 19380, Pennsylvania
Friends Association is looking to hire an innovative Director of Operations to take our organization’s operations to the next level. The position assists and supports the Executive Director by providing executive level management, oversight, and strategic direction to the agency’s Housing Programs. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability ensure quality of operations and service delivery, inspire high performance among staff, expand the agency’s footprint and strengthen our reputation in meeting our mission to end family homelessness.
The Director of Operations serves as a principal advisor and may act on behalf of the Executive Director in their absence. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Program Development and Oversight
- Oversee the development, implementation, and coordination/delivery of all Housing programs, contracts and related services, ensuring that the expectations of clients, funders, partners, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
- Set goals for programs and services, and ensure the delivery of quantitative and qualitative goals and outcomes. Build and maintain relationships with all department heads and make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Develop, implement, and monitor operational policies and procedures and act as the lead person to execute all strategic initiatives or newly implemented operations in assigned areas.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to devise strategies to ensure growth of programs agency-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize service delivery.
- Assist in the evaluation of technologies and training needs of agency.
- Supervise finance procedures and billings/reimbursements related to programs and services.
- Lead the production of quantitative and qualitative reports on program and service activities and impact, as requested by internal or external stakeholders and entities.
- Provide support to other program and agency-wide initiatives, as needed.
- Interface and nurture relationships with landlords and funders to facilitate and promote all areas of interaction, including contracting, reporting, and quality assurance.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, meet with potential and current funders about programs and services that Friends Association can/could provide.
- Represent Friend’s leadership at public and private events.
- Coordinate with Development Director on public relations, marketing/events initiatives to maximize visibility and image of Friends Association.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, implement Friend’s strategic plan as well as develop and implement new initiatives that reflect the organization’s mission.
- Partner with the Executive Director to identify funding opportunities that address unmet needs of clients, increase scale and/or enhance existing service delivery.
- Serve as an advisor to development and grant writer around the housing program and volunteers, additional funding sources, and grant reports.
- Evaluate the Housing Programs Department and make recommendations about organizational structure, including filling key open positions.
- Directly supervise staff and work closely with Executive Director to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Evaluate technology and training needs of agency.
- Provide oversight and management of facilities maintenance and infrastructure and assist the Executive Director in the overall integration of capital projects and their impact on current and future facilities/maintenance resources.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to create and implement succession plans for key management and supervisors, and advance cohesion between various internal departments.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- Oversee Program budgets and related contract obligations.
Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Director of Operations Search "