Director of Major Gifts and Campaigns
Philadelphia 19147, Pennsylvania
Settlement Music School seeks a Director of Major Gifts and Campaigns to provide direction and support for the $16 million Transforming Lives Campaign. The Campaign is midway through its silent phase. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Major Gifts and Campaigns will support the CEO, Chief Advancement Officer, consultants, and Campaign volunteers in their work on the Transforming Lives Campaign at Settlement Music School.
- Produce a detailed Campaign plan with input from staff, counsel, and volunteer leadership
- Provide overall Campaign management and organization including pipelines, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignments and maintenance of timelines'
- Research and identify prospects;
- Schedule donor meetings, prepare briefings and assemble presentations for Board members, Campaign volunteers and staff'
- Prepare Board members, volunteers and key administrative leaders to interact with major prospects'
- Solicit and close gifts in the $5,000 to $25,000 range, including outright and planned gifts;
- Oversee acknowledgement of all Campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements;
- Work with the Advancement Team to drive production of all Campaign correspondence including solicitation proposals;
- Schedule Campaign Committee meetings, develop agendas, complete meeting follow up;
- Maintain master Campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep Campaign committee on track;
- Organize and monitor volunteer assignments and follow-up, and assist in all aspects of volunteer-lead events;
- Coordinate the Campaign and other development and organization activities and keep staff and volunteers informed of Campaign progress;
- Oversee and manage the production of all Campaign printed materials
Settlement seeks a seasoned, responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills and high level of accuracy. Experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically capital campaigns or major gifts, is required. The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must have a high level of computer literacy, including experience using online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors. Bachelor's degree is required.
To Apply :E-mail Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]