Director of Learning
Bala Cynwyd 19004, Pennsylvania
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Learning will set, guide, and execute the strategy for Alliance efforts to establish, build, and integrate the field of Decision Education. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the Education department. S/he will be responsible for developing our efforts to define and promulgate standards; develop and promote credentials and training programs; envision and build curricula, standards, and assessments; establish and manage relationships with state departments of education, school districts, and schools; and build collaborations with education colleges and graduate schools of education. The Director of Learning will ensure that the Alliance is viewed as the central reference, disseminator, and conduit of Decision Education content, training, and best practices within this diverse constituency.
The Director of Learning will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the education partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Design, implement, and evaluate the Education strategic plan, both in the short-term and long-term
- Manage a team of instructional designers, trainers, engagement managers, and project associates
- Develop and maintain a rich online offering of Decision Education curricula, program offerings, and teacher resources
- Develop and manage a training, certification, and best practices system
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with departments of education, school districts, independent schools, and professional education organizations
- Oversee organization and execution of training events, workshops, and conference participation
- Develop and oversee engagement efforts with national and state educational leaders
- Collaborate with the Board’s Education Committee
- Establish and deepen partnerships with colleges and graduate schools of education
- Hire, mentor and lead team members responsible for the organization’s Education efforts
- Track and measure all aspects of Education efforts with clear accounting and accountability
We seek a positive, mission-oriented, educational leader with a deep commitment to improving lives through education. The individual will have an extensive background in teaching, curriculum development, administration, faculty leadership, faculty training, and education leadership. They will be skilled at establishing and building trust with educational leaders, teachers, and program providers. They should be broadly informed about the education landscape, current national and state policies, and education reform efforts.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Doctorate in education
- Ten years of teaching
- At least five years of significant faculty, school, or district leadership
Qualifications of ideal candidates include:
- Familiarity with online learning and micro-credentialing
- Assessment development
- District, charter, state, and independent school management practices
- Experience ideating and developing new curriculum and training programs
- Experience with co-curricular education reform efforts such as F.I.R.S.T., DECA, etc.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and we offer a generous benefits package and paid time off policy. The Alliance for Decision Education is an equal opportunity employer.