Director of Human Resources
Fort Washington 19034, Pennsylvania
Play & Learn, with 10 locations throughout Montgomery County, provides year-round, high-quality care and early education for children ages six weeks through kindergarten. We offer award winning
infant care, a High Reach toddler curriculum, and Department of Education licensed preschool, certified kindergarten and before and after kindergarten programs at several locations.
Play & Learn’s Human Resources Director will be responsible for developing and leading Human Resources practices and objectives that provide for an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Develop organization strategies.
- Implement human resources strategies.
- Oversee and manage Human Resources staff.
- Develop human resource policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Participate in conferences and educational opportunities.
- Facilitate the development of human resources employee training programs.
- Lead the implementation of a performance management system.
- Establish an in-house employee training system.
- Establish and lead standard recruiting and hiring practices.
- Partner with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Develop and manage an employee grievance procedure.
- Establish, monitor and advise managers and supervisors in the implementation of a performance improvement process for underperforming employees.
- Review, guide, and approve management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Develop standard policies and practices around employee separation/termination.
- Establish the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversee the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands.
- With the assistance of executive management staff, obtain cost-effective benefits.
- Lead the development of benefit orientation and other benefits training.
- Lead the organization’s compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and others as applicable.
- Maintains minimal exposure to legal action.
- Protect the interests of employees and the organization in accordance with the organization’s human resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 5 plus years progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources, with 3 to 5 years at the director or senior manager level preferably in an early education or human services organization. PHR or SHRM certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage and analyze multiple priorities and activities as well as the ability to organize and plan for long and short-term projects.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to investigate, problem solve and mediate conflicts effectively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
We offer competitive salary along with full array of benefits including:
- Paid Holiday
- Continuing Education
- Childcare Discount
To Apply: Forward cover letter along with resume and salary requirments to [email protected]