Director of Finance
Philadelphia 19148, Pennsylvania
United Communities Southeast Philadelphia is a nonprofit, social service agency whose mission is to improve the quality of life for every generation and member of the multicultural community we serve by providing educational, advocacy, and social programs. We have an immediate opening for an experienced finance director.
The Director of Finance is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the finance office. The major areas of responsibility include agency accounting, legal/liability, facility management and risk management.
This position reports to the Executive Director and supervises the bookkeeping and payroll staff.
The Director of Finance maintains these key relationships: Funding sources; federal, state and local government units; audit firm; and other external organizations impacting financial operations.
- Bachelor's degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management or Finance
- Excellent communication skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse team
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Flexible and a self-starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of Fund EZ Accounting System
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- employer paid life insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 12 sick days
- 3 personal days
- 11 observed holidays
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
United Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United Communities, in its name and its mission statement, affirms its celebration of diversity. It welcomes the employment of a diverse staff and provides equal employment opportunities to all persons qualified by reason of education, training, experience and/or personal character, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, non-job related disability or military/veteran status. All employees or applicants are treated equitably with regard to hiring, promoting, demoting, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, benefits, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Contact: Maureen Kebea
Mailing Address: 2733 S. 7th Street