Director of Development
West Chester 19382, Pennsylvania
Located at the picturesque 300+ acre Myrick Conservation Center in the rolling hills of the Brandywine Valley countryside in southern Chester County, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance has an immediate and rewarding opportunity to make a difference working in the environmental conservation and education field. Will consider both full and part-time candidates.
This position plays a key role in advancing the mission of Brandywine Red Clay Alliance by planning, coordinating and implementing the following:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Development Committee, oversee and implement the annual development plan.
- Provide staff support to the Development Committee and assist with recruitment of new members.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, board and committee members, identify and cultivate major donor prospects, develop individual cultivation strategies; prepare and conduct presentations to individuals, corporations and groups.
- Provide consultation to Board and volunteers concerning fund raising events.
- Oversee donor database and provide oversight to Database/Marketing Assistant.
- Identify funding prospects and develop proposals to foundations and other institutional funders.
- Participate in site visits, cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Take a leadership role in planning for future capital fund raising initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Committee, assist in the development and implementation of the public relations and communications plan.
- Serve as editor for newsletter and annual report in conjunction with staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position reports to the Executive Director.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fund raising with special emphasis on major gift development. CFRE desirable but not required.
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with staff and volunteers as a key member of the BRC team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of volunteers, cultivate and participate in the solicitation of donors, and take initiative to solve problems and work independently. Flexibility and willingness to create and implement new strategies to reach funding goals.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, Access.
To Apply: Interested applicants may apply by submitting resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com or Brandywine Red Clay Alliance, 1760 Unionville-Wawaset Road, West Chester, PA 19382