Director of Development
Philadelphia 19130, Pennsylvania
The Coalition Against Hunger is a leading anti-hunger organization serving the greater Philadelphia region. We work to alleviate hunger in the region by providing immediate relief with our support of food pantries and soup kitchens; short-term relief helping thousands people annually to apply for benefits; and for long-term systemic change through our extensive and impactful advocacy efforts.
The Coalition is hiring its first Development Director to work with the Executive Director in the creation and implementation of a dynamic fundraising strategy.
The Development Director will join our small, diverse and dynamic team of committed staff who work creatively and impactfully on an issue of significant importance to our community.
The Development Director is a full time member of the senior staff, and reports to the Executive Director.
This is a Full time position, which would include occasional weekends and evenings.
Scope of Work:
- Provide fund development leadership to the organization
- Meets or exceeds annual revenue generation goals
- With the Executive Director create a robust fundraising plan with a strategy for short and long-term growth, and an emphasis on individual and corporate giving
- Conduct face-to-face solicitations
- Prepare the executive director and board members to conduct solicitations
- Work with the Executive Director and the organization’s Fund and Board Development Committees to identify and cultivate individual donors
- Develop and implement opportunities for corporate and individual donor solicitation
- Provide grant writing for the organization to include researching new funding opportunities and generating reports as needed
- Provide leadership for the organization’s annual Walk Against Hunger or other events if/as developed
- Develop gift recognition strategies
- Work closely with Communications Manager to support the agency’s overall PR/FR goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five-to-seven years’ professional fund raising experience, with demonstrated success in achieving fund raising goals
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing a comprehensive development plan
- Knowledge of the greater Philadelphia region and its philanthropic community
- Commitment to embrace the Coalition’s mission and vision
Knowledge of Salsa and Salesforce helpful
The anticipated start date for this position is MARCH 12, 2018
Please send your resume and related materials by the application deadline to Laura Wall at: [email protected] No phone calls