Director of Development & Communications
Philadelphia 19103, Pennsylvania
StudentsCare is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that aims to brighten the hospital experience for children and their families by matching long-term pediatric patients with college student volunteers who provide fun, friendship, and support throughout extended hospital stays.
StudentsCare establishes local chapters on college campuses and provides students with advisory support to facilitate hospital programming. Since 2013, StudentsCare has established programs at 8 hospitals/healthcare facilities. StudentsCare has been featured on People.com, Lifetime TV, and USA Today.
Visit our website for more info www.students-care.org
The Director of Development & Communications will help develop and implement growth opportunities for StudentsCare in a way that strengthens the brand and expands revenue streams. This full-time position is responsible for planning, execution, control, and evaluation of fundraising, public relations, and outreach for the organization. The Director of Development & Communications will work closely with the CEO, the Board, and Fundraising volunteers to enhance and support the overall mission of StudentsCare and ensure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated. The Director of Development & Communications will work closely with the CEO to establish long-term goals and objectives for each contribution category.
The Director of Development & Communications will:
- Work with CEO and board to meet annual fundraising goals through individual donations, planned giving, annual appeals, grants, corporate sponsorships, among other sources of funding
- Identify opportunities for innovation, cultivate strategic partnerships, and new sources of funding
- Oversee generation of print and digital marketing materials, to include fundraising brochures or letters, donor appeals, annual reports, social media, etc. generating interest and support in existing and new markets.
- Identify media opportunities and prepare press releases
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for new and previously identified individual donors, corporate and foundation prospects, working in collaboration with staff and board to shape and implement strategies
- Develop and oversee a timely and relevant gift acknowledgement program
- Design and implement donor appreciation and cultivation activities/events
- In collaboration with CEO, manage all aspects of the organization’s relationships with its existing institutional donors, including maintaining the grants calendar, preparing proposals, coordinating site visits, acknowledging gifts, completing all funder-requested reporting and additional stewardship as necessary
- Manage Development/Communications intern(s) and provide support as needed
- Maintain prospect and donor database, keeping detailed records of all interactions
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards goals; Prepare monthly reports for CEO & Board
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Excellent personal and written communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and possesses general computer literacy
An entrepreneurial spirit who is willing to learn and grow with us
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to Erica Sokol, CEO, at email@example.com