Development Officer: Relationship Steward
Exton 19341, Pennsylvania
Bridge of Hope National is looking for a Development Officer to steward relationships (current and new) with donors and potential donors, ask for financial gifts and promote the joy of giving to support the mission of Bridge of Hope National.
The position includes travel primarily within Lancaster County, as well as Berks, Lebanon, Chester and Montgomery County and within a 2 hour radius of Exton, PA. Home office work is possible with minimum of one day in the Exton, PA, office. Includes occasional evening hours for phone calling (west coast and mid-west regions) and meetings.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Executive Director
- Steward and build relationships on behalf of Bridge of Hope National with current and potential individuals and businesses (60% time; 24 hr/wk)
- Development and Relationship-Building Work for annual giving and other strategic giving goals (20% time; 8 hr/wk)
- To promote planned giving and the building of the Bridge for Tomorrow endowment fund (5% time; 2 hr/wk)
- Timely record keeping in database, follow through with donors and prioritization of all work (10% time; 4 hr/wk)
- Leadership and Innovation (5% time; 2 hr/wk)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ease and enthusiasm in building relationships and listening to people.
- Working knowledge of development process for similar size/structure organizations.
- Five or more years of experience in a relationship oriented profession (sales, outreach fundraising, development, etc.)
- Ability to implement a major gifts program that focuses on stewarding relationships with leadership annual donors and donors of major gifts
- Ability to ask for money to support the vision.
- Value system and personal style that is collaborative, ethical, Christian, persuasive, credible and fun.
- Must be passionate about ending and preventing homelessness for single mothers and their children and believe in Bridge of Hope National's vision: The vision of Bridge of Hope National is to end and prevent homelessness for women and children across the United States by calling churches into action.
- College degree or equivalent life experience.
- Computer literate; knowledgeable of donor software systems and Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Additional attributes include outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, high levels of self motivation, optimism, and creativity.
To Apply: Submit resume and application (found at http://bridgeofhopeinc.org/contact-us/job-opportunities/) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Executive Director Edith Yoder
Salary: $45,000 - $65,000 based on experience
Mailing Address: 311 National Road