Philadelphia 19104, Pennsylvania
IHP is looking for a Development Manager, who will play a vital role in the Development Department all donor related activities, and in building and maintaining relationships with all IHP constituencies: individuals, members, corporations, foundations and government. The Development Manager will also work closely with other IHP staff in reaching development and fundraising goals.
- Keep meticulous records of all constituent interactions. Run queries and revenue reports as necessary to determine giving trends, mailing lists, etc.
- Engage in all aspects of the donor cycle, including prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship, for individuals and businesses alike. Participate in appeals, membership drives, and solicitation for in-kind event support.
- Research and track potential grant opportunities; write grant proposals; work with the business office and other departments to create and report on budgets for proposed and awarded grants; keep track of all application requirements and deadlines.
- Promote IHP on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Establish and manage Facebook donation system. Engage with community members both on and offline regarding all aspects of IHP programming, including arts, film, resident life, alumni relations, and cultural events. Update IHP website as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and research skills;
- Understanding of current trends in development practices;
- Demonstrated data management, gift processing and reporting experience;
- Comfortable taking initiative; demonstrated creative problem-solving ability;
- Strong computer skills, and ability to learn and effectively use different software programs;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other departments within the organizations as necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and organize multiple projects;
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Personal integrity and ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Knowledge of nonprofit regulations and gift accounting principles a plus;
- Working knowledge of CRM software a plus;
- Familiarity with West Philadelphia and University City preferred;
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of five years of hands-on experience in development practices and database management.
Compensation: IHP offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits.
IHP is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest with salary requirements to Anna Wang, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.