Mt. Laurel 08054, New Jersey
The Alice Paul Institute is seeking a full-time Development Director to take this dynamic women’s history and leadership organization located in Mt. Laurel NJ to the next level.
The Development Director provides leadership and oversight for all of the organization’s fundraising initiatives, with primary focus on individual giving, corporate partnerships and events. This position works closely with the Executive Director (ED), the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers to achieve significant organizational growth as outlined in API’s strategic plan. This position reports directly to the ED, who will be responsible for setting goals and evaluating performance.
The Development Director’s responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement detailed plans to meet fund development goals in API’s current strategic plan in partnership with the ED, the Board and its committees.
- Lead the identification and cultivation of individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
- Provide strategic direction for major gift cultivation, and assist the ED and Board in the solicitation and stewardship of all major gifts.
- Enhance the organization’s use of online fundraising techniques, including social media campaigns, and implementation of sales/marketing automation tools for ongoing donor cultivation.
- Manage and expand the annual fund, corporate support, and planned giving.
- Oversee development of all fundraising materials and ensure the timely acknowledgement of all gifts by maintaining accurate and complete records of all gifts, correspondence, and donor information.
- Ensure smooth execution of signature fundraising events.
- Ensure timely submission of grant requests and grant reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ED.
The best candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible and innovative; value API’s mission and working in a small woman-centered organization.
The candidate is required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to five years of fundraising experience
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce database (non-profit version)
- Familiarity with social media & content marketing and sales/marketing automation preferred
- Organizational skills and efficiency with follow-up
- Passion for women’s rights and a commitment to API’s mission
- Ability to be a team builder, creative thinker and problem solver
- Self-motivation with ability to work independently
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits offered. Some evening and weekends are required. The Alice Paul Institute provides a flexible, collaborative work environment and offers employees the chance to make a difference in the community. The ultimate goal of this position is to secure the resources necessary for API to make a significant impact in promoting girls leadership development, advocating for women's equality, and preserving and promoting women's history.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to Lucienne Beard Alice Paul Institute P.O. Box 1376 Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054 Resumes are due by February 28. Interviews will be conducted in March. For more information on the Alice Paul Institute, visit www.alicepaul.org.